c***s on the road

Roundabouts are mad - I design them for a living and it can baffle you how people use them!

If you know the guy that designed Sheriffhall can you tell him he's a massive c**t and nobody likes him.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The only excuse is if the driver is not familiar with the roads.  Anyone who is and takes the red route should be taken out and shot.

The left hand lane should have left and straight ahead arrows and the right hand lane should have a right only arrow.

Even drivers not familiar with the roads should only be using the right lane to go straight on if there’s road markings stating you can do so.
If there’s no markings it’s surely common sense to assume left lane for left and straight-on and right lane for right.
Roundabouts are mad - I design them for a living and it can baffle you how people use them!
That said I wouldn't say blue is the 'correct' way out of interest. Whilst it's probably the most common way, the actual guidance if I remember is 'appropriate lane' which leaves a degree of ambiguity. There are more than a few roundabouts where the idea is for both the red and blue lines to be used and traffic to merge at exit. It's usually to, well save money, thus it is left deliberately vague.
My preference for single lane exits like so is to provide arrow markings on approach to avoid issues like you suggest - however latest guidance doesn't like using right arrows on approaches to the roundabout in case people go the wrong way around- so most of the time I'll make the left lane left and the right lane ahead. 

Funny you mention arrows and maybe I'm being too harsh on drivers if the folk designing the fucking things are clueless as well [emoji38] But we have two different roundabouts in the town (not the same ones I've mentioned) that are exactly the same set-up: two lane entrance, one lane exit. Both have painted arrows - on one of them the left lane has a left and straight ahead arrow, on the the right lane it's a right arrow. The other roundabout is exactly the same but has a left painted arrow on the left lane and a right painted and straight ahead arrow on the right lane.

Absolutely unreal.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

I'd like to meet the person who decided right arrows might make someone go the wrong way round a roundabout.

Yeah I don't agree with it, it's meant to "avoid confusion to foreign drivers". There is a bit in the standards book does give you flexibility to use them but often you get pulled up over it at safety audit time so not worth hassle. 

49 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Funny you mention arrows and maybe I'm being too harsh on drivers if the folk designing the fucking things are clueless as well emoji38.png But we have two different roundabouts in the town (not the same ones I've mentioned) that are exactly the same set-up: two lane entrance, one lane exit. Both have painted arrows - on one of them the left lane has a left and straight ahead arrow, on the the right lane it's a right arrow. The other roundabout is exactly the same but has a left painted arrow on the left lane and a right painted and straight ahead arrow on the right lane.

Absolutely unreal.

Yeah that's pretty normal. You get traffic counts and design it so each lane has as equal amount of traffic as possible over the day. The road marking standards book however mentions that doing this stops drivers flexibility to basically take the most appropriate way. 

1 minute ago, flyingscot said:

Yeah I don't agree with it, it's meant to "avoid confusion to foreign drivers". There is a bit in the standards book does give you flexibility to use them but often you get pulled up over it at safety audit time so not worth hassle. 

Yeah that's pretty normal. You get traffic counts and design it so each lane has as equal amount of traffic as possible over the day. The road marking standards book however mentions that doing this stops drivers flexibility to basically take the most appropriate way

A lot of drivers are incapable of identifying the most appropriate way.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Funny you mention arrows and maybe I'm being too harsh on drivers if the folk designing the fucking things are clueless as well emoji38.png But we have two different roundabouts in the town (not the same ones I've mentioned) that are exactly the same set-up: two lane entrance, one lane exit. Both have painted arrows - on one of them the left lane has a left and straight ahead arrow, on the the right lane it's a right arrow. The other roundabout is exactly the same but has a left painted arrow on the left lane and a right painted and straight ahead arrow on the right lane.

Absolutely unreal.

Well, on the face of it it's certainly inconsistent, but the arrows tell you which lane you should be in, so I don't really see a problem.

Notice how the thread is getting busier now?  

Things have been absolutely fine for the majority of the past year.  There was a section of us who have driven daily as normal and proven ourselves as non c***s.

Now a disturbing amount of absolute b*****ds have decided they need to be out clogging the roads and generally just getting in the way,   Your not welcome.  It has been a massive mistake letting the WFH types out on the road all at once.   Get these c***s to f**k.   They can apply for permits to use the roads during quite periods and let the rest of us get on with our journeys.  

Well, on the face of it it's certainly inconsistent, but the arrows tell you which lane you should be in, so I don't really see a problem.
I've no issues when there's arrows. My original post was in reference to ones with no arrows in which case you should be in the left when going straight ahead.

4 hours ago, Mr X said:
4 hours ago, flyingscot said:

I'd like to meet the person who decided right arrows might make someone go the wrong way round a roundabout.

4 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Roundabouts are mad - I design them for a living.

Mr X, meet flyingscot.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
The only excuse is if the driver is not familiar with the roads.  Anyone who is and takes the red route should be taken out and shot.

Aye I would be a bit more forgiving for tourists but the two roundabouts I refer to are definitely locals as tourists would have no business being in the areas they're placed.

Local roundabouts for local people. 

Some complete fuckwit from the bottom of our street has been caught driving while disqualified.  He's already previously been banned twice. This boils my fucking piss, why do idiots like that just not fucking accept they should not be fucking driving?? 🤬🤬😡

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Driving through Camelon today, a c**t stopped in front of me to wave folk across the road. The folk were waiting at a pedestrian crossing for the lights to change.

I can't decide whether they were a Tufty Club Fundamentalist, a Green Cross Code extremist or a Suicide Lollypop Man 

13 hours ago, philpy said:

Some complete fuckwit from the bottom of our street has been caught driving while disqualified.  He's already previously been banned twice. This boils my fucking piss, why do idiots like that just not fucking accept they should not be fucking driving?? 🤬🤬😡

What a moron. Imagine driving whilst disqualified when you live in the same street as King Grass.