c***s on the road

6 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Two things I'll never quite fully understand about some road users, firstly the concept of tailgating,  not once in my entire driving history have I ever thought, 'know what, you're right pal, I'll just start speeding up for you' it's always met with maintaining a steady course and potentially even slowing down. 

Second is, why do people react so angrily over what is usually such a minor thing. A recent ish example was driving along a dual 30mph limit, bus in front of me was pulling in so, MSM and changed lanes, some bellend in an Audi came flying up behind me who seemed to be doing potentially double the speed limit had been inconvenienced by this and decided to start flashing and indicating I was a w****r. I could see the undertake coming so I just maintained course, as he passed he's shouting out the window and sticking his fingers up. Then it got sort of interesting as he got stopped at the lights, I pulled up next to him and wound down my window to make some enquiries about the problem he had. Not a glance in my direction, looked petty sheepish and I was like, why act like that then? 

I completely agree with the bafflement at how seething people can get about such minor things, but only question is if he undertook you, does that mean that you stayed in the right hand lane even after passing the bus? If so, why?

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I completely agree with the bafflement at how seething people can get about such minor things, but only question is if he undertook you, does that mean that you stayed in the right hand lane even after passing the bus? If so, why?

You've mentioned before that you drive an Audi i think, so you probably don't know this, but you're meant to leave a fair bit of room before you pull back in. 

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Was planning an immediate return, but his road positioning and aggressive driving manner seemed to indicate he was going for an immediate pass on my left. I thought my calmer style of driving and actually using MSM was just putting myself at risk to return left. I was right, as soon as possible he undertook. The remaining right after that was purely a stop and look left as a kind of "look where your driving got you" type thing.  Hope this clears it up. 

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

You've mentioned before that you drive an Audi i think, so you probably don't know this, but you're meant to leave a fair bit of room before you pull back in. 

I don’t drive an Audi now, but I’m well aware of that. Unfortunately sitting in the right lane with nothing in the left isn’t great tbh.

7 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Was planning an immediate return, but his road positioning and aggressive driving manner seemed to indicate he was going for an immediate pass on my left. I thought my calmer style of driving and actually using MSM was just putting myself at risk to return left. I was right, as soon as possible he undertook. The remaining right after that was purely a stop and look left as a kind of "look where your driving got you" type thing.  Hope this clears it up. 

Fair enough, with these sort of wankers I usually try to just get back to the left as soon as possible to let them fly passed so they can cause an accident someone else and not me.

7 hours ago, Pato said:

Because their lives are meaningless voids they fill by paying several hundred quid a month for a hire purchase motor

I was looking at possibly doing a personal contract hire the other week and did a bit of browsing the internet to see what was available. Page after page after page of Audis. I mean a ridiculous amount. 

Always found Mercedes drivers to be the lesser of the German w****r automobiles. Audi sits top by miles tbh. I've got a VW, like to think of it as the good guy of the bunch. 

I rarely drive now, except for the shops and up the west coast highlands. I really despise this NC500 concept, brings all manner of fuds and tourists that think the road is now essentially a tourist attraction. Which is utterly moronic, a road is for getting from one place to another, nothing else. Glencoe area is a big massive car park now, in fact car park infers an order to it all, people just abandon their cars anywhere remotely resembling a space. The tranquility of it all is gone, it wasn't that long ago I could drive up on a summer night after work and easily stop somewhere safely for a break from driving, impossible now. 

Driving along residential streets yesterday, cars parked both sides. One of those streets where the 20mph limit is actually justified. Despite that, I was doing around 22mph due to not being a perfect driver.

White van came up to about 10 yards behind me, dug's heid hanging out passenger-side window, tail-gated me for about 200 yards then - just at the point where there is absolutely no extra road width and no visibility on pedestrians - actually blasted the accelerator and overtook me.

The root of all bad driving appears to me to be twofold:

1. Selfishness.
  2. Impatience.

To anyone saying, "Aye, but slow drivers cause the frustration and are actually the cause!", I would say, "See 1. and 2."

There’s a wide spectrum of Audi driver tbf. On the one hand you’ve got the myriad of Instagram birds who have progressed from their Fiat 500 to an Audi A1, to the angry, arrogant middle aged man who has purchased an A5 or something as some form of status symbol to fill a void in their depressing sexless life. All absolutely terrible drivers in their own right.

I was at the Audi garage recently and asked the boy what was better about the car I was looking at compared to similar cars of other brands I was thinking about. His first answer was ‘the badge on the front’ as if it was impressive. That said it all to me. 

bought two

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

To anyone saying, "Aye, but slow drivers cause the frustration and are actually the cause!", I would say, "See 1. and 2."

I think it really depends on the situation, if I were you I'd have slowed right down if some c**t was tailgating but people doing 55 on the bypass during rush hour need their license taken off them.

On 07/06/2021 at 12:36, thistledo said:

why do people react so angrily over what is usually such a minor thing.

Because it’s a competition, apparently. Getting home 20 seconds earlier than you would otherwise have managed had you not been driving like an arsehole automatically makes you a winner. Bonus points if you depart the traffic lights ahead of a car you were behind by using the wrong lane and swerving into the correct lane dangerously. 

I think it really depends on the situation, if I were you I'd have slowed right down if some c**t was tailgating but people doing 55 on the bypass during rush hour need their license taken off them.

What punishment should the ones who insist on 40 in a 70 over the Queensferry Crossing receive?
Surely it's been open long enough to understand its not the FRB with a 40 limit.....

I think we just missed out on an organ bonanza.
Shout out to the p***k driving the Dpd van on the Tay bridge today about 3pm cutting in front of me then poroceeding to drive up the arse of anyone until they pulled into left hand lane. p***k.

What punishment should the ones who insist on 40 in a 70 over the Queensferry Crossing receive?
Surely it's been open long enough to understand its not the FRB with a 40 limit.....
Public execution?

5 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I was at the Audi garage recently and asked the boy what was better about the car I was looking at compared to similar cars of other brands I was thinking about. His first answer was ‘the badge on the front’ as if it was impressive. That said it all to me. 

Hide contents

bought two

Tbf he's not wrong. Audi/VW cars are absolute bags of shit these days. Genuinely as unreliable and cheaply built as any Renault.

Yet you can sell them for crazy money simply because the badge.

Same with Range Rover Evoques. Useless, cheap, knock offs with a Transit engine. The new Kia Sportages are superior in every single way, yet because its a white Evoque folk go crazy for them.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf he's not wrong. Audi/VW cars are absolute bags of shit these days. Genuinely as unreliable and cheaply built as any Renault.

Yet you can sell them for crazy money simply because the badge.

Same with Range Rover Evoques. Useless, cheap, knock offs with a Transit engine. The new Kia Sportages are superior in every single way, yet because its a white Evoque folk go crazy for them.

Yeah I still couldn’t really believe he came out with it though. The Evoques are quite smart tbf 😎 What’s your opinion on the Scirocco?

5 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Yeah I still couldn’t really believe he came out with it though. The Evoques are quite smart tbf 😎 What’s your opinion on the Scirocco?

Depends what engine tbh. Diesels are just Peugeots these days.