c***s on the road

6 hours ago, Spyro said:

You obviously don't understand the different between a 2 ton object hitting a big pothole at 60mph compared to a 100kg object having to swerve round EVERY bump that should not dissolve a tyre, but I understand this is too much for the average lycra-boy to get their head around... 

On that basis, the next time your 2-tonner hits a pothole at 60 and smashes an alloy, remember that it's not the fault of the council/highways authority, but your own for not having more robust tyres!

11 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Surely the answer is to remove these dissolvable tyres altogether and just drive or cycle on the rims.

Robert Thomson of Stonehaven. 

Kirkpatrick McMillan

John McAdam

Damn Scots, they ruined Scottish roads! 

On 23/05/2024 at 15:25, Spyro said:

You obviously don't understand the different between a 2 ton object hitting a big pothole at 60mph compared to a 100kg object having to swerve round EVERY bump that should not dissolve a tyre, but I understand this is too much for the average lycra-boy to get their head around... 

If you think better tyres are the answer to cyclists not having to swerve around potholes, you're either a small clueless child (or have the brain of one), or a complete idiot.

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Edinburgh Council have spent a lot of money on designating cycle lanes, road furniture, signs etc. 

The potholes are still there. 

Only 1 week until the LEZ fines start paying for them.

People using cruise control at 80mph when it's raining on motorways with loads of standing water, then are absolutely stunned when they find themself on the roof of their new cars

If the guy in the gray mini that pulled out of the petrol station in Cairneyhill in front of me at the back of five this morning is reading this, you are a total fuckin moron. You pulled out in front of me then stood on the brake to allow a bakery van that was at a standstill to turn right. Fuds like you should have your license revoked and made to start learning from scratch again. That was the most unbelievable thing I’ve seen on the road since Tuesday afternoon when a guy in a merc overtook an Audi that was overtaking another Audi on the valley by-pass. Crazy 

17 minutes ago, Wacky said:

If the guy in the gray mini that pulled out of the petrol station in Cairneyhill in front of me at the back of five this morning is reading this, you are a total fuckin moron. You pulled out in front of me then stood on the brake to allow a bakery van that was at a standstill to turn right. Fuds like you should have your license revoked and made to start learning from scratch again. That was the most unbelievable thing I’ve seen on the road since Tuesday afternoon when a guy in a merc overtook an Audi that was overtaking another Audi on the valley by-pass. Crazy 

Fife is some laugh to drive around. It should be part of the hazard perspection part of the driving test, drive for 4 hours around Dunfermline and if you come out unscathed you've passed! 

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

People using cruise control at 80mph when it's raining on motorways with loads of standing water, then are absolutely stunned when they find themself on the roof of their new cars

So many morons are programmed to drive at the same speed regardless of the conditions.

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

Cruise should switch off automatically if the wipers go on. Even if you wash the window. You’ll learn quickly enough that this will happen and drive accordingly. 

47 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Fife is some laugh to drive around. It should be part of the hazard perspection part of the driving test, drive for 4 hours around Dunfermline and if you come out unscathed you've passed! 

It’s not just Fife though, there are ringpieces and loonies everywhere. I was in Newcastle last week on the bike, truly frightening experience 

2 minutes ago, Wacky said:

It’s not just Fife though, there are ringpieces and loonies everywhere. I was in Newcastle last week on the bike, truly frightening experience 

Aye, I heard those Geordie women were a bit rough. 

7 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Cruise should switch off automatically if the wipers go on. Even if you wash the window. You’ll learn quickly enough that this will happen and drive accordingly. 

I have been saying it for years mate, it wouldn't take much to programme it in where it can tell the difference between you washing the windows and falling rain. It's amazing people need it but it's the world we live in. 

2 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Sorry, that was a cheap shot. Although having driven all over the country all my working life, it's up there with Inverness! The difference being, Fifers seem to THINK they are great drivers which means when it does goe wrong it's usually pretty spectacular 

42 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Aye, I heard those Geordie women were a bit rough. 

True, harsh to call her "the bike" mind you.

26 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Having carried out an emergency stop at 70mph in good driving conditions, I couldn't even begin to imagine having to carry it out at 80mph. 

Not as scary as when you hit a puddle with cruise control on at 60-70mph and it spins, stops, then throws you across the road as it tries to maintain it's speed. Luckily it was front wheel drive and I was young (stupid) and had a lot faster reactions than I have now 💩