c***s on the road

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

There's a BIG difference between the 'real' police and the traffic numpties... 

I'm guessing it was a fixed speed camera that nailed MM and not a copper but that's not my point really.

This topic is full of reasons why there should be traffic police.  

Incidentally, what's your criteria for laws that should be ignored and those that should be adhered to?

And what "leeway" should have been given in the above situation, MM was 25% over the speed limit.

Slightly OT, saw one of those fly on the wall traffic police shows the other night (don't usually but was at my folks') and some guy was doing 95 in the rain and dark while swerving all over. Got pulled over, not breathalysed and explained he was swerving because his tracking was knackered. Result- a warning. Wtf? But the one in the first half was a booking- we just want to see some consistency. 

52 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Is it compulsory to gub stupid pills before driving to drop off and pick up yer weans from school?

Judging by what I see, aye.

I'd like to see CCTV cameras up and an automatic 6 points for anyone that parks in the "School zone". Are you really that feckless and lazy tat you can't park around the corner?

4 minutes ago, milton75 said:

Judging by what I see, aye.

I'd like to see CCTV cameras up and an automatic 6 points for anyone that parks in the "School zone". Are you really that feckless and lazy tat you can't park around the corner?

Or, heavens forbid, walk from home.

1 minute ago, Soapy FFC said:

Or, heavens forbid, walk from home.

Well, that too. I don't object if it's hooring it down. Although I walked to school in blizzards without shoes on, etc.

22 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Apparently I’ve been a c**t on the A92. 50 in a 40 zone.

What’s my options? Fine? Speed awareness nonsense?

Bummed in the prison showers minimum. 

Case in point. Last week I walked the boys into school. 9 year old runs off with his pals, but I walked the 5 year old up to his classroom. As I left the playground I say a white SUV parked right on the zig-zag lines. I thought "inconsiderate twat" to myself, and as I looked properly I recognised a personalised numberplate and a pretty brutal looking woman behind the wheel.
It was the imbecile mother of a kid in the older boy's class. I hadn't recognised her car as she's obviously changed it over the summer, but I recognised the plates. I would love it if some traffic warden ticketed the lazy oik.

6 hours ago, coprolite said:

Slightly OT, saw one of those fly on the wall traffic police shows the other night (don't usually but was at my folks') and some guy was doing 95 in the rain and dark while swerving all over. Got pulled over, not breathalysed and explained he was swerving because his tracking was knackered. Result- a warning. Wtf? But the one in the first half was a booking- we just want to see some consistency. 

You need VAR for those sort of situations.

On 26/08/2024 at 17:43, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Apparently I’ve been a c**t on the A92. 50 in a 40 zone.

What’s my options? Fine? Speed awareness nonsense?

chugabug.jpg.dea3b0a305e491e2ce244b3f79920bbf.jpg

The photo's been released to the public. 

Put less wood in the stove next time

p.s. like Mrs MMs fur coat

13 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

chugabug.jpg.dea3b0a305e491e2ce244b3f79920bbf.jpg

The photo's been released to the public. 

Put less wood in the stove next time

p.s. like Mrs MMs fur coat

That’s the last thing I need. A bloody cooker in my car.

(typically Mrs Mullarkey, fur coat, nae knickers).

The number of younger women who seem to drive along glancing into their laps for 2/3 seconds a time is mental. Astonished there's not more crashes because they can't leave their phone for 5 minutes.

1 minute ago, Peil said:

The number of younger women who seem to drive along glancing into their laps for 2/3 seconds a time is mental. Astonished there's not more crashes because they can't leave their phone for 5 minutes.

Not just young woman but they are terrible for it. What is really worrying is HGV drivers on their phones either talking or worse texting. 

40 minutes ago, Big Bobo said:

Not just young woman but they are terrible for it. What is really worrying is HGV drivers on their phones either talking or worse texting. 

Ah but you forget, HGV drivers are professional drivers who, like taxi drivers, drive to a far higher standard then us mere amateur drivers, and can therefore do more advanced stuff like using phones on the move.