c***s on the road

Although the next time I won’t make my intentions quite as clear and will pursue him from a distance, where upon arrival at his place of work I will carry out the previously mentioned assault and wing mirror detachment. 

I fear there has been some form of detachment already.

6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Had a new one last Monday morning, driving along a moderately busy M8 between Renfrew and Braehead at about 7.20am. I was in the outside lane doing about 60, loads of cars infront of me doing the same, loads of cars in the middle and inside lanes going a bit slower. Out of nowhere I’ve got an old silver VW Golf, flashing his lights at me and almost driving up my bumper. It’s a bit strange for someone to be doing that in morning rush hour traffic as there’s about a hundred other cars ahead of me. It took me a minute to fathom what was going on and I started to think it must be someone I know who has spotted my car and is flashing to get my attention, so I pull into the middle lane and have a look across as they pass.

My worst fears were realised when it became apparent that this guy was genuinely trying to force his way through traffic by flashing his lights and driving up peoples arses. I pulled back out behind him and decided to take a bit of revenge by doing similar to him as he was doing to the car infront. This pellet has then slammed on his brakes to an almost standstill, my Greggs Mexican Chicken Ovalbite flew off the passenger seat and hit the dashboard at such a velocity that it was no longer oval, and if it wasn’t for my almost ‘Formula 1 driver’ reaction time, I would have went right in to the back of him. As you can imagine this made me extremely angry, as although I don’t actually have a child, I’m of an age where I could have a child, and that hypothetical child could have been killed if it wasn’t for my aforementioned world class reaction time.

The red mist had descended by this point and I probably wasn’t thinking rationally, but I decided that I would follow his car to its final destination where I was hoping to participate in physical aggression against this man by striking him repeatedly in the face with my fist, and maybe kicking his wing mirror off in an act of pettiness if the chance arose. Unfortunately he became aware I was following his vehicle, and made a number of dangerous manoeuvres along the M8 and subsequently the M74, as he fled in a state of panic and desperation. I decided to call off the pursuit when I could no longer see his vehicle, and also because I was 25 minutes late for work. Hopefully the feeling of terror he experienced as I chased him along the motorway means he won’t try to flash his lights and bully people out of the road in the future. 

Sorry, but the only question here is "Who is the bigger C***?"

5 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Get out more, join a club, make some friends .  .  . check out the Zen motoring videos someone posted on here.

Oh, and if you could let us know what kind of car you drive, and when and where you'll be on the motorway that would be great. Cheers. 

Thanks for the advice mate. You seem like your happy to condone someone driving aggressively and flashing their lights at other drivers in order to make them move. Fortunately I’m willing to stand up for the majority of normal people who think behaviour like that should be punished, either by our justice system, or by me. 

9 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

I hope they start pointing out to cyclists that when there is a cycling path they should be on it rather than the road. Riverside Drive in Dundee being a prime example.

Cycle paths in Angus and Dundee are largely shite. So no thanks. 

6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Had a new one last Monday morning, driving along a moderately busy M8 between Renfrew and Braehead at about 7.20am. I was in the outside lane doing about 60, loads of cars infront of me doing the same, loads of cars in the middle and inside lanes going a bit slower. Out of nowhere I’ve got an old silver VW Golf, flashing his lights at me and almost driving up my bumper. It’s a bit strange for someone to be doing that in morning rush hour traffic as there’s about a hundred other cars ahead of me. It took me a minute to fathom what was going on and I started to think it must be someone I know who has spotted my car and is flashing to get my attention, so I pull into the middle lane and have a look across as they pass.

My worst fears were realised when it became apparent that this guy was genuinely trying to force his way through traffic by flashing his lights and driving up peoples arses. I pulled back out behind him and decided to take a bit of revenge by doing similar to him as he was doing to the car infront. This pellet has then slammed on his brakes to an almost standstill, my Greggs Mexican Chicken Ovalbite flew off the passenger seat and hit the dashboard at such a velocity that it was no longer oval, and if it wasn’t for my almost ‘Formula 1 driver’ reaction time, I would have went right in to the back of him. As you can imagine this made me extremely angry, as although I don’t actually have a child, I’m of an age where I could have a child, and that hypothetical child could have been killed if it wasn’t for my aforementioned world class reaction time.

The red mist had descended by this point and I probably wasn’t thinking rationally, but I decided that I would follow his car to its final destination where I was hoping to participate in physical aggression against this man by striking him repeatedly in the face with my fist, and maybe kicking his wing mirror off in an act of pettiness if the chance arose. Unfortunately he became aware I was following his vehicle, and made a number of dangerous manoeuvres along the M8 and subsequently the M74, as he fled in a state of panic and desperation. I decided to call off the pursuit when I could no longer see his vehicle, and also because I was 25 minutes late for work. Hopefully the feeling of terror he experienced as I chased him along the motorway means he won’t try to flash his lights and bully people out of the road in the future. 

Your hypothetical child would have been hypothetically killed because you acted like an absolute fucking bairn yourself. Well, at least you would have if the above had even remotely really happened. 

Thanks for the advice mate. You seem like your happy to condone someone driving aggressively and flashing their lights at other drivers in order to make them move. Fortunately I’m willing to stand up for the majority of normal people who think behaviour like that should be punished, either by our justice system, or by me. 
I'm with you, next time catch the c**t though you hopeless b*****d.

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Your hypothetical child would have been hypothetically killed because you acted like an absolute fucking bairn yourself. Well, at least you would have if the above had even remotely really happened. 

Wow. I really was not expecting this kind of reaction. I don’t know if people are reading this right, but the guy was literally FLASHING HIS LIGHTS TO MAKE ME MOVE. If people on here are happy to go about their day after having someone do that to them, then I really don’t know what to say. If I was walking behind you on the pavement and started shouting ‘hawl, move, out my way, be gone with you’ etc., would you not have something to say about it? Or would you roll over like a wet fag paper and let them move on to do it to someone else?

Edited by IrishBhoy

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:
9 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I'm with you, next time catch the c**t though you hopeless b*****d.

I’m banking on him having a similar start time to me so I’m hopeful on that front. Will keep the thread updated. 

Just now, IrishBhoy said:

Wow. I really was not expecting this kind of reaction. I don’t know if people are reading this right, but they guy was literally FLASHING HIS LIGHTS TO MAKE ME MOVE. If people on here are happy to go about their day after having someone do that to them, then I really don’t know what to say. If I was walking behind you on the pavement and started shouting ‘hawl, move, out my way, be gone with you’ etc., would you not have something to say about it? Or would you roll over like a wet fag paper and let them move on to do it to someone else?

My post was more a reference to your statement that your child would have been killed because you had decided to in turn tailgate this guy. As i say though, your story absolutely didn't happen and this weird internet hardman persona is fooling absolutely no one 😂

Wow. I really was not expecting this kind of reaction. I don’t know if people are reading this right, but they guy was literally FLASHING HIS LIGHTS TO MAKE ME MOVE. If people on here are happy to go about their day after having someone do that to them, then I really don’t know what to say. If I was walking behind you on the pavement and started shouting ‘hawl, move, out my way, be gone with you’ etc., would you not have something to say about it? Or would you roll over like a wet fag paper and let them move on to do it to someone else?
Did it cross your mind that the driver may have been trying to get back to his dying mother or maybe his wife was in labour.
Not condoning his actions but he may have been a better reason for his arsehole driving than you for yours.

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

As i say though, your story absolutely didn't happen and this weird internet hardman persona is fooling absolutely no one 😂

Well that’s your opinion and your welcome to it. It definitely did happen, and if my request to have the motorway CCTV footage from Braehead to Cambuslang is granted I will post the video on here. 

6 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Wow. I really was not expecting this kind of reaction. I don’t know if people are reading this right, but the guy was literally FLASHING HIS LIGHTS TO MAKE ME MOVE. If people on here are happy to go about their day after having someone do that to them, then I really don’t know what to say. If I was walking behind you on the pavement and started shouting ‘hawl, move, out my way, be gone with you’ etc., would you not have something to say about it? Or would you roll over like a wet fag paper and let them move on to do it to someone else?

Even the polis will call off a pursuit if the situation becomes dangerous.  You already said your "pursuit" resulted in the other guy driving dangerously.  

Some random hassling you on a pavement is a completely different scenario. 

1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

Did it cross your mind that the driver may have been trying to get back to his dying mother or maybe his wife was in labour.
Not condoning his actions but he may have been a better reason for his arsehole driving than you for yours.

That did cross my mind. Absolutely. Although if you were in such a situation yourself, you probably wouldn’t slam on your brakes at 60mph near coming to a complete halt, and potentially causing a bad accident. The flashing of the head lights is a dick move, but not the end of the world. Trying your best to cause an accident at 60mph is though, and I didn’t really fancy letting him get away with it. (Although as yet he has). 

That did cross my mind. Absolutely. Although if you were in such a situation yourself, you probably wouldn’t slam on your brakes at 60mph near coming to a complete halt, and potentially causing a bad accident. The flashing of the head lights is a dick move, but not the end of the world. Trying your best to cause an accident at 60mph is though, and I didn’t really fancy letting him get away with it. (Although as yet he has). 

But he only slammed on the brakes because you were tailgating him.
If you had thought he may have been desperate to get back to someone in distress you wouldn't have chased him.

Well that’s your opinion and your welcome to it. It definitely did happen, and if my request to have the motorway CCTV footage from Braehead to Cambuslang is granted I will post the video on here. 
Hope this guy is a P&B reader and trolls you with his actions each morning before speeding away resulting in a daily heads gone for our amusement.

Just now, Loonytoons said:

But he only slammed on the brakes because you were tailgating him.
If you had thought he may have been desperate to get back to someone in distress you wouldn't have chased him.

In what world does tailgating someone mean the person in front can potentially cause a fatal accident. I’ve had cars tailgating me plenty of times and the absolute last thing on my mind is to slam on the brakes, because the chances are there’s going to a bad accident. 

5 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Which is also exactly what you were doing by tailgating him at 60mph and following him for miles.

7 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

It wasn't a white car with yellow and orange stripes and a few blue lights on the roof was it?