c***s on the road

Just had a cracker.

Slowly driving down a bus route, where cars park down one side so it's so narrow cars cant pass each other. A red Kuga suddenly appears up my arse to the point I couldnt even see his number plate.

Make it to the end of the road where I'm going left, I cant get out due to traffic that's coming. So he spins his wheels, wedges up beside me as he going right, and blocks off that side of the road. Every so often lunges forward trying to get out, I'm now fucked as i cant see any traffic coming and no way I'm using this boy as a gauge.

No idea what happens but someone must've signalled, as next thing hes on the horn and waving the middle finger at a car. Wheel spin again, and hes turned left, almost taking off my bumper, pulling out in front of traffic and almost hitting cars on the other side of the road all to chase a car.

I got out straight after him, and he turns right further up chasing the car down a 20 filled with speed bumps, both of them absolutely flying.

Mental.

There's a Clio c**t in my estate that tailgates me (and anyone else) that drives through the estate at every opportunity. I really don't understand how he can't comprehend it makes no difference how close he sits behind me it's not going to make me any faster, in fact the complete opposite will happen. Anyway, I've taken great delight recently in just speeding up a little bit when I get to my house, then swing the car around to block the road and slowly reverse into the drive.

Making an unwelcome return with the roads picking up again.... When you are going down a slip road behind a slower moving vehicle, and as soon as you get onto the motorway the p***k behind you flies out into the outside lane leaving you stuck in behind said slow moving vehicle.

9 hours ago, thistledo said:

There's a Clio c**t in my estate that tailgates me (and anyone else) that drives through the estate at every opportunity. I really don't understand how he can't comprehend it makes no difference how close he sits behind me it's not going to make me any faster, in fact the complete opposite will happen. Anyway, I've taken great delight recently in just speeding up a little bit when I get to my house, then swing the car around to block the road and slowly reverse into the drive.

Tailgating. 

It's perfectly  understandable. 

If they're 5cm behind you instead of 5 metres  behind you, it means they're going to be at their destination earlier. 

Well .  .  .  .  that's their logic. 

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Making an unwelcome return with the roads picking up again.... When you are going down a slip road behind a slower moving vehicle, and as soon as you get onto the motorway the p***k behind you flies out into the outside lane leaving you stuck in behind said slow moving vehicle.

Leaving you with 15 seconds of your life that you'll never get back again whilst you get space to overtake the  slow moving vehicle. 

Oh, the vagaries of driving. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Two lanes to go straight on, merging into one after the lights. You merge in turn yes?

Not so for the fucking gimp beside me today who sped up to block me off rather than let me merge in. c**t.

That's like the Death Race 2000 exit from East End Park heading for the M90. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Two lanes to go straight on, merging into one after the lights. You merge in turn yes?

Not so for the fucking gimp beside me today who sped up to block me off rather than let me merge in. c**t.

There's a lot of this, all over the place. Results in a huge queue in the inside lane, backing up, causing obstruction. Need more signposting etc to encourage full use of both lanes.

My latest gripe is at the muppets who overtake you on a duel carriageway, before sharply cutting in and exiting onto a slip road with a couple of metres to spare. 

Do they get some kind of excitement over this behaviour? 

2 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

My latest gripe is at the muppets who overtake you on a duel carriageway, before sharply cutting in and exiting onto a slip road with a couple of metres to spare. 

They should be put to the sword, imho. Or pistol whipped.

There's a lot of this, all over the place. Results in a huge queue in the inside lane, backing up, causing obstruction. Need more signposting etc to encourage full use of both lanes.
Tesco in Camelon is terrible for this. When you come out and turn left theres a relief lane of about 200 yards as the the traffic gets backed up from the next set of lights. When this invariably happens, folk refuse to pull put from tesco into the relief lane then merge in. Result.... You miss the green light and get left sat there hoping the arsehole in front gets a clear run next time.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Transport Scotland should put these signs up at merging points...

images (1).png

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

There's an exit for the Erskine Bridge that is brutal for this, yep.

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

heading towards Earl's Gate roundabout after exiting the M9 at J6 i take it

17 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

There's an exit for the Erskine Bridge that is brutal for this, yep.

If you're talking about the one on the M8 then I agree. I wrote off a car because of someone doing this, which caused the car in front of me to brake sharply which in turn led to me ploughing into the back of them. Driver at the front was away towards the bridge, presumably unaware of what they'd helped to cause. 

Eta I should've reacted quicker and I certainly would now. Lesson learned.

Edited by microdave

1 hour ago, microdave said:

If you're talking about the one on the M8 then I agree. I wrote off a car because of someone doing this, which caused the car in front of me to brake sharply which in turn led to me ploughing into the back of them. Driver at the front was away towards the bridge, presumably unaware of what they'd helped to cause. 

Eta I should've reacted quicker and I certainly would now. Lesson learned.

That braking car was driving much too close in front of you.