The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Moomintroll
I agree that single club forums are packed full of roasters and best avoided, and that cherry picking the worst posts and putting them up on here may not be representative of how the majority of the fans feel/think.
But....
Given the sheer numbers of the users on RM and FF, it is surely the best indication of how the fan base, or the 'authentic voice of Sevconia' are feeling about any issue.
The relatively normal bears that post on here (Bennett being a massive outlier)are surely a too small sub sample to be considered.
That has been my point all along so I heartily agree. Still convinced that Benny is winding everyone up in a self aware style however.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
19 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:
Kinky lives down England and hasn't been to Ibrox in years. He is well out of touch with the actual fans who attend Ibrox and buy Sevco merchandise.

Cant talk for him, but I live in England as well and dont get back up to Rugby Park as much as I want to. But that is kind of my point with ref to him, he may be out of touch with them but he just comes across as a fan and not a bigot such as those on the unsavoury sites.

On the whole I agree with you but he is as arrogant as the rest of the fanbase when his club is winning.  He is also prone to the odd occasional mask slipping and does what other Sevco fans do on here and tries to slip in some unsavoury digs at Celtic on the fly through some other way or mechanism.

Guest Moomintroll
On the whole I agree with you but he is as arrogant as the rest of the fanbase when his club is winning.  He is also prone to the odd occasional mask slipping and does what other Sevco fans do on here and tries to slip in some unsavoury digs at Celtic on the fly through some other way or mechanism.
We are all mostly on the same page then, will watch Kincy's contributions and if he slips out of line will get as uppity as a Killie fan can. Agree there have been a few snidey remarks but as long as i have been on here, most of them have came across as world weary and with zero intent, unlike our mouth breathing friends on other sites on both sides of the divide.

8 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The relatively normal bears that post on here (Bennett being a massive outlier)are surely a too small sub sample to be considered.

No idea why Bennett gets such opprobrium.  He's not everyone's cup of tea and he's certainly much less acerbic than I am.  I can only conclude that folk don't appreciate his tong-in-cheek outlook.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There's a semblance of a decent point in there.

There is.  If I want a QoS fan's view I'd ask you.  I'd not go to a Queens' forum and re-post on here.  This is one reason why I am committed to a multi-team site and why I watched (sigh) Thistle and Ross County this evening but kept a watch on DUFC vs Pars (more sigh).

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There's a semblance of a decent point in there.

However, the reality is that only a handful (for obvious reasons) of Rangers fans post on here; while at least hundreds post on RM.

I don't think that RM is particularly representative of the wider fan base, but it's not easy to construct a case that suggests this place is either.

Through my experience living in Glasgow all my life it is roughly imo a 50/50 split depending on how well the club is doing between roasters and good guys. Doing well it's GIFRUY's laughter and light banter or as in recent years it's deflated ego's and sink to the worst of banter, even some of the good guys if provoked enough.

I know mostly decent Rangers fans in my location that actually have ST's at Ibrox and then there are the arseholes that don't go but sport the latest top or merchandise and these way out number the good guys and sing the unsavoury songbook.

It really depends on how good the club is doing to how bad or good the Rangers fans are. Even when they are winning and winning a lot like a decade ago given enough alcohol even the nicest of bears can go rogue if surrounded by enough dafties egging them on.

Before anyone comments, this is also the case with Celtic supporters.

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

We are all mostly on the same page then, will watch Kincy's contributions and if he slips out of line will get as uppity as a Killie fan can. Agree there have been a few snidey remarks but as long as i have been on here, most of them have came across as world weary and with zero intent, unlike our mouth breathing friends on other sites on both sides of the divide.

I think the bears that post on here are as brave as f**k man. Clubs a complete clusterfuck and laughing stock but they still post on here. Some of the abuse they take at times for supporting Sevco and parroting the party line has to be praised, pure staunch as hell man. Got to give them credit for sticking in there, even after King ripping the shit out of them on a regular basis.

I couldn't stand Gerrard as a player but he actually seems a nice bloke and completely different off the park. Quiet and just wanting to get on with it.

Some of the expectations on him already is a bit much though.
He's going to have a few shite results and the **** won't accept that from anyone.

Guest Moomintroll
I think the bears that post on here are as brave as f**k man. Clubs a complete clusterfuck and laughing stock but they still post on here. Some of the abuse they take at times for supporting Sevco and parroting the party line has to be praised, pure staunch as hell man. Got to give them credit for sticking in there, even after King ripping the shit out of them on a regular basis.
At this point in time, I am delighted to be a Killie fan. To be fair, I always am but sometimes we make it bloody hard. Sevco, however, ease my pain and I do respect their fans for coming on here in spite of the opprobrium.

4 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I couldn't stand Gerrard as a player but he actually seems a nice bloke and completely different off the park. Quiet and just wanting to get on with it.

He's going to have a few shite results and the **** won't accept that from anyone.

Do you hate football? He was a great player to watch.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

At this point in time, I am delighted to be a Killie fan. To be fair, I always am but sometimes we make it bloody hard. Sevco, however, ease my pain and I do respect their fans for coming on here in spite of the opprobrium.

Shame Killie ran out of steam near the end at the split. Might have been the best "no offence" 2nd place fight seen in any league for years. Four clubs fighting it out tooth and nail with one club juggernauting  up the league from nowhere. Hope Clarke stays and is given a decent budget. Imho if Killie made it into Europe he had the tactical genius to get to the group stages as I think Hibs under Lennon might if they qualify.

5 minutes ago, Darren said:

Deadly at free kicks if I remember correctly and could send out a perfectly accurate long range pass into the opponents half straight into the forwards feet. Also remember some of the crunching goal stopping tackles he got away with. Shite playing for England though if memory serves me right.

16 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Unless you're a cheeky DJ...

Celtic should re-sign Commons for the lolz.

Guest Moomintroll
Shame Killie ran out of steam near the end at the split. Might have been the best "no offence" 2nd place fight seen in any league for years. Four clubs fighting it out tooth and nail with one club juggernauting  up the league from nowhere. Hope Clarke stays and is given a decent budget. Imho if Killie made it into Europe he had the tactical genius to get to the group stages as I think Hibs under Lennon might if they qualify.
If SSC stays for another year and all our key players stay we might achieve that. Hope that Hibs can get through the EL qualifiers, Neil Lennon has proven himself massively this year.

11 minutes ago, Darren said:

He was a great player.
I just hated the way he dived about and the way he flew into 2 footed tackles.
It didn't help that he played for Liverpool either.

14 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Deadly at free kicks if I remember correctly and could send out a perfectly accurate long range pass into the opponents half straight into the forwards feet. Also remember some of the crunching goal stopping tackles he got away with. Shite playing for England though if memory serves me right.

114 caps and 21 goals would suggest he did all right!

Archived