The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ecto said:

I have no horse in this race, I have little time for either Rangers or Celtic, but I like Gerrard and this is a bold move by the club and Gerrard himself, but he does have to get this right pretty quickly, or the current euphoria will disappear like sna aff a dyke, as they say

.Not Safe For Work forum for that sort of chat, please

18 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Screenshot_20180505-165623_01.thumb.jpg.2908d96a57f65a36e45468f6e0f16c68.jpg

Saw this and nearly cringed myself inside out.

One minute he’s with a glib and shameless King, now here he is pictured with a tax dodging auld Queen.

A right royal rumble.

1 hour ago, The OP said:

Apparently on Rangers TV they were banging on about him and McAllister having MBEs. :lol:

Apparently:lol: I'm guessing they did say that and you were glued to the screen.

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Ewan Murray in today’s Guardian:-

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/04/steven-gerrard-rangers-scottish-football-manager-england?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Apparently there’s another presser on Monday afternoon. If true, my guess is that King / board will talk about TOP, directors leaving, ST’s......anything apart from the source of any possible new investment. The Rectum has a King puff piece today where he bigs up perceived quality within the current squad, which as we all know, is GlibCode for “there’s feck all new cash for players”.

Gerrard brought in to shill for ST & kit sales ?

Come back HBQC all is forgiven....

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There's also the reality that says getting Rangers to do better shouldn't be that hard.  Catching Celtic (especially if they respond  by spending money they do actually have) probably remains difficult, but getting ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs really shouldn't be.  Cups shouldn't be impossible either, whilst not improving on their latest European efforts should be.

While Celtic can spend money, I can't see them being able to take it to the next level without breaking the bank. Catching Celtic next season won't be our priority anyway, AJ's comments and the length of GERrards contract suggest that we're not going gung ho....

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

While Celtic can spend money, I can't see them being able to take it to the next level without breaking the bank. Catching Celtic next season won't be our priority anyway, AJ's comments and the length of GERrards contract suggest that we're not going gung ho....

I'm not particularly referring to any "next level", whatever that means.

They should be able to stay ahead of Rangers though, given their damaging wealth. 

I'd liken it a bit to when Rangers came up a couple of years ago, chirping about 55.  Celtic responded by hiring a proper manager and the result was more of a one horse race than there'd ever been during Rangers' top flight absence.

I'd imagine that the four year contract is evidence, more of Rangers' eagerness to land this glamorous name, than it is of the club plotting some long game.

I've honestly got no idea how this will go, but I'd be very surprised either way, if Gerrard is Rangers manager for anything like four years.

25 minutes ago, bennett said:

Apparently:lol: I'm guessing they did say that and you were glued to the screen.

Eh naw, only time I watch Rangers TV is after they get pumped by Celtic. So quite a lot tbf.

Do Rangers fans really believe that if they manage to spend any money they actually have successfully, that Celtic won't just go out there and spend some of their "relatively" vast wealth to improve further?

30 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not particularly referring to any "next level", whatever that means.

They should be able to stay ahead of Rangers though, given their damaging wealth. 

I'd liken it a bit to when Rangers came up a couple of years ago, chirping about 55.  Celtic responded by hiring a proper manager and the result was more of a one horse race than there'd ever been during Rangers' top flight absence.

I'd imagine that the four year contract is evidence, more of Rangers' eagerness to land this glamorous name, than it is of the club plotting some long game.

I've honestly got no idea how this will go, but I'd be very surprised either way, if Gerrard is Rangers manager for anything like four years.

To go above what celtic have just now would be going into EPL levels of spending and that's not going to happen.

Rangers are around the level we should be right now and will be for a few more years. Last season was a bit of a fluke for celtic, Ronnie wasn't as bad (domestically) as he was made out to be, same with Lennon. In Europe the proper manager has been found out.

If we wanted instant success with a glamorous name we'd have went for Jose or Pep rather than Steven Gerrard..... ( Joke)

I've really no idea how Gerrard will do but I can't see the club going down this road short term... It makes no sense.

43 minutes ago, bennett said:

I've really no idea how Gerrard will do but I can't see the club going down this road short term... It makes no sense.

It's a cheap and obvious point Bennett, but seriously, how much of Rangers' conduct in recent years could be described as making sense?

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's a cheap and obvious point Bennett, but seriously, how much of Rangers' conduct in recent years could be described as making sense?

Actually on and off the pitch things are normalising, the last few years have been mostly positive.

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Have you read the banter years  thread Bennett?  

Backslapping and the jumping on bandwagons, pretty standard for here.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Backslapping and the jumping on bandwagons, pretty standard for here.

It should really provide some useful pointers for you though, as to why your claim that "the last few years have been mostly positive" for Rangers, could not be more wilfully bonkers.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It should really provide some useful pointers for you though, as to why your claim that "the last few years have been mostly positive" for Rangers, could not be more wilfully bonkers.

We're where I expected us to be on the pitch, off the pitch slightly better than I expected.

Unless your defenition of a few years differs from mine.

Archived