The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Unlike you however, who actually likes rangers more than you like your own club.

Irony........

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Get on your way to the cup final, young yin.

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'll only jinx them, as per.

Anyway, apart from jinxing them, it's not like going from Aberdeen to Hampden, an hour would take me from here, and have me seated, to either Windsor Park - sorry, The National Stadium - or The Oval, and slightly less to Seaview or Solitude.

Anyway, you and I have derailed enough threads in the past with our tangential conversations, so let's allow this thread to get back on track!

I have no horse in this race, I have little time for either Rangers or Celtic, but I like Gerrard and this is a bold move by the club and Gerrard himself, but he does have to get this right pretty quickly, or the current euphoria will disappear like sna aff a dyke, as they say

52 minutes ago, MJC said:

This absolute coup by Rangers has once again highlighted that so many non Rangers fans actually hate Rangers more than they like their own clubs. The seethe on this very thread alone is utterly palpable.

The above photos of Mr Gerrard resplendent in that immaculate The Rangers suit and supremely polished brown brogues is a humbling sight. Sometimes you can do nowt more than stand back and admire the standards, dignity and class that seeps out of every pore of that club.

Cap doffed Rangers, Cap doffed.

YATP

Brogues trace their roots to a rudimentary shoe originating in Ireland that was constructed using untanned hide.[4]Brogues were traditionally considered to be outdoor or country footwear not otherwise appropriate for casual or business occasions.

Tradition.   Class. 

57 minutes ago, MJC said:

This absolute coup by Rangers has once again highlighted that so many non Rangers fans actually hate Rangers more than they like their own clubs. The seethe on this very thread alone is utterly palpable.

The above photos of Mr Gerrard resplendent in that immaculate The Rangers suit and supremely polished brown brogues is a humbling sight. Sometimes you can do nowt more than stand back and admire the standards, dignity and class that seeps out of every pore of that club.

YATP

You’re stance on this as a Motherwell fan is commendable. Great P&B standard word in “seethe” used as well. Superb, and keep the plaudit coming.

Irony........

Am I not allowed to comment on such a momentous moment for Scottish football, without heckles of obsessed patter?

Don't worry, you may feel a little buzz right now, but the harsh reality that your club have put a decorated player, instead of a manager in charge, will slowly seep into your consciousness come August.

1 hour ago, Greenlantern said:

Am I not allowed to comment on such a momentous moment for Scottish football, without heckles of obsessed patter?

Don't worry, you may feel a little buzz right now, but the harsh reality that your club have put a decorated player, instead of a manager in charge, will slowly seep into your consciousness come August.

It was an open goal tbf (even Morelos would've banged it in)

The euphoria has passed my by I'm afraid, I'm more of a wait and see what happens....

I just find it unbelievable how long this has been dragging on for. You have to wonder if Rangers will ever announce a new manager or if they're happy just to let Jimmy Nichol have a go next season.

IMG_2340.jpg

They announced a new manager yesterday mate, can’t believe you’ve missed it.

Interesting times.

A big part of what makes this news exciting is of course that it's caused so much excitement.

As absolutely everyone in the world has said, it represents a big gamble.  

That gamble is one sided though.  For Gerrard, it's minimal.  He can either enhance his career prospects at Ibrox, or leave them largely unaltered.  

If he does well, the EPL will beckon.  If he flops, a million mitigating factors can be pointed to, and he's back where he started.

You can only assume he's been given some assurances about spending power, but questions obviously surround how reliable any such assurances can be given their source.  You also have to wonder about where any money pledged, might come from.

There is however the possibility he might be quite good.  He was a leader on the field as well as a top player, so he certainly has a chance.  

There's also the reality that says getting Rangers to do better shouldn't be that hard.  Catching Celtic (especially if they respond  by spending money they do actually have) probably remains difficult, but getting ahead of Aberdeen and Hibs really shouldn't be.  Cups shouldn't be impossible either, whilst not improving on their latest European efforts should be.

It'll be hilarious if this goes wrong and given Rangers' circumstances, it's unnecessarily risky.  There is a chance that it'll work though.  Surely the law of averages suggests it can't always be disastrous.  

Here's hoping it can though.

4 hours ago, MJC said:

YATP

I preferred your work when it was a little more subtle.

Ewan Murray in today’s Guardian:-

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/04/steven-gerrard-rangers-scottish-football-manager-england?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Apparently there’s another presser on Monday afternoon. If true, my guess is that King / board will talk about TOP, directors leaving, ST’s......anything apart from the source of any possible new investment. The Rectum has a King puff piece today where he bigs up perceived quality within the current squad, which as we all know, is GlibCode for “there’s feck all new cash for players”.

Gerrard brought in to shill for ST & kit sales ?

Archived