Extra holidays for non-smokers?

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If this came into play over here then surely any smoker with half a brain would claim they were non-smokers to get the extra holiday?

My last job was bad for this but I'd eithet go out with them or sit and watch TV until they got back. I tried to go for at least one dump each shift as well so it never really bothered me.

People who smoke have less than half a brain.  There is scientific evidence to support this.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember having an argument with my boss in a previous job because I went across to the Post Office to post a letter (this was quite a while back!) and took about 5 minutes. The job was really inflexible and apparently I wasn't supposed to leave the premises.

She didn't take kindly to my pointing out that the smokers were all off the premises and took far longer than I did, apparently  pretend addictions to going to the Post Office don't count. I didn't actually have any issue with the smokers at all but it was the double standards I hated.

I actually don't mind the smokers at all in my current job because they are much more flexible and don't mind if you have to nip to the shops as long as you do your work and don't take the piss.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Smokers contribute around £12 billion to the Treasury and die younger so are a lesser drain on the care system. We should get fucking medals from a grateful nation.

Some of you don’t die young enough.

32 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I must be a multitasker, I can smoke and work at the same time. I would say that c***s on their phones during working hours are worse 

^^^^ Works in a kipper factory.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/japanese-firm-piala-inc-tokyo-non-smokers-extra-six-days-holiday-cigarette-break-a8028541.html
Japanese firm gives its' non-smoking employees an extra 6 days holidays per year, in lieu of the time that they don't use for smoke breaks.
Caused a bit of heads gone moment with a colleague who smokes, when I mentioned this earlier today.
Genius or crap policy?

A winning policy. Who'll be first to suggest it in the glorious U.K.?

Gets my vote.

Stick the knife into those fucking smokers again and give me an extra paid week off.

If this came into play over here then surely any smoker with half a brain would claim they were non-smokers to get the extra holiday?

My last job was bad for this but I'd eithet go out with them or sit and watch TV until they got back. I tried to go for at least one dump each shift as well so it never really bothered me.

Devious smoking fucks!!!

I don't think smoke breaks take any more time out at my work than tea breaks do for others. I usually have 3-4 cups of tea or coffee over the course of a day, that probably takes me away as long as smokers spend away tbh. If someone was smoking 20
a day it might be different but I've never understood people getting irate at someone going out for 2 minutes a couple of times for a smoke when nobody bats an eye lid at tea breaks, extended toilet breaks or all the other little things folk do across the day. My view is as long as they aren't taking liberties and they are getting their work done I'm not bothered if my staff take a couple of extra breaks for a smoke or a coffee.

The Japanese have some of the stingiest leave regulations in the World so anything that boosts workers' rights should be applauded.

I'm currently trying to give up smoking so the idea of being rewarded with an extra six days off would be a nice incentive.

My secretary smokes. I genuinely have no idea how she has the time. I keep her super busy and buzz her all the time. 

She still gets her work done and I can't renember one time when she hasnt been at her desk to answer when I call

Witchcraft, or I'm being duped.

Plus folk on here complaining about liberties being taken!!!!!  You're all on PnB instead of working

Archived