The SNP take heavy bungs and are failing Scotland and do not actually want independence because that means they would have no one to blame but themselves.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

My cousin had a vegan wedding meal a few years back - soup, followed by vegan haggis, neeps and tatties and a fruit salad.  Their wedding cake was also vegan.

The meal was fine, although I think they added loads of spice to the haggis and loads (and loads) of sugar to the cake to cover up the lack of animal based ingredients.

How many people who go on about vegans preaching or being difficult to accomodate have actually faced any difficulty with them?

I went to a small wedding at a location not far from Oban, it was one of those ones everyone stays the night before at the location and gets acquainted before the wedding and despite being starving all the way there and passing many chip shops  i was told it would be rude not to eat the food that would be provided. To my eternal horror we had all been made a vegan curry, i think it was tofu pieces and other utterly horrendous components but it was just absolutely dreadful. I had to fill up on the rice/naan bread but it wasn't enough and I haven't fully forgiven the vegan community for this atrocity. 

I used to go out with a Raw Vegan.
She was a whingy nightmare. Really skinny and she always complaining about being sick, having no energy and having a constant migraine.
She also put her dog on a raw vegan diet but I used to bring him round some chicken and feed him it when she was out.

It's a lot of shite.

5 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I used to go out with a Raw Vegan.
She was a whingy nightmare. Really skinny and she always complaining about being sick, having no energy and having a constant migraine.
She also put her dog on a raw vegan diet but I used to bring him round some chicken and feed him it when she was out.

It's a lot of shite.

That's like the one I mentioned. Always moaning she's ill. Tells us straightfaced we're not designed to eat meat or dairy, that veganism is the natural order and then says that you need to take supplements with it. If you're smart enough to get a university degree and hold a good job, then you're smart enough to know that any diet that requires you to take vitamin supplements just to avoid dying of malnutrition is not the natural way.

Meat-eaters are discriminated against. If a vegetarian goes to a proper restaurant and wants a meat-free meal, he'll get one. But if a meat-eater goes to a vegetarian restaurant and wants a meal with meat in it, he's out of luck.

As for vegetarian parents who force their lifestyle on their kids, they are complete c***s. "Oh, young Jocasta is a vegetarian!" No she isn't, you are, and you've never given her the choice. (Actually that goes for religion as well, but I don't want to go down that road.)

Think Vegans/Vegetarians are just ignorant folk who haven't heard of the food chain. In nature, one creature invariably eats another creature to survive. These vegans/veggies shouldn't kid themselves; if a cow got a chance it would eat them and everyone they cared about.

http://389df2866609fd31968a123d9466e4f6.gif

5 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Meat-eaters are discriminated against. If a vegetarian goes to a proper restaurant and wants a meat-free meal, he'll get one. But if a meat-eater goes to a vegetarian restaurant and wants a meal with meat in it, he's out of luck.

As for vegetarian parents who force their lifestyle on their kids, they are complete c***s. "Oh, young Jocasta is a vegetarian!" No she isn't, you are, and you've never given her the choice. (Actually that goes for religion as well, but I don't want to go down that road.)

This.

People giving a steakhouse restaurant 1 star because of 'lack of vegetarian options'.

Up to the individual, but.....

In a restaurant in Manchester with work, a table for four who had pre-booked, ALL spent the first 10 minutes lamenting the limited choice of vegetarian dishes on the menu .... In a fuckin Steakhouse!!!?

I've gone about 80% vegetarian recently and feel a whole lot healthier for it. Not for any moral reason, I've just increasingly gone off the taste of red meat, so generally limit myself to two or three meat meals a week, usually chicken or fish.

I could maybe go the full whack if I really wanted to but I'd struggle to give up a roll and sausage after a night on the bevvy. Vegans are mental.

I learnt recently that vegans don’t eat honey. Wasn’t something I’d thought of but it’s because it’s product of bees work. 
I like meat too much.

Not to keep harping on about the same person over and over again, but she told me recently whilst my wife was putting honey on something that we shouldn't eat it because "we steal it from the bees". She's in her 30s! Steal it from the fucking bees!

My cousin had a vegan wedding meal a few years back - soup, followed by vegan haggis, neeps and tatties and a fruit salad.  Their wedding cake was also vegan.

The meal was fine, although I think they added loads of spice to the haggis and loads (and loads) of sugar to the cake to cover up the lack of animal based ingredients.

How many people who go on about vegans preaching or being difficult to accomodate have actually faced any difficulty with them?

My daughter has become a vegetarian and is a preachy pain in the arse about it.

Her other half and the granddaughter have also become vegetarians - not through choice I imagine for the latter and reluctantly by the former.

8 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Not to keep harping on about the same person over and over again, but she told me recently whilst my wife was putting honey on something that we shouldn't eat it because "we steal it from the bees". She's in her 30s! Steal it from the fucking bees!

I got stung by a bee, they can go f**k themselves.

Archived