Ayr vs Arbroath (again)

D'Jaffo

Had the pleasure to watch the game with my girlfriends dad and a former ayr player.

Both of them said after 5 minutes that our formation is a mistake. With 3 at the back we needed wide players that were willing to track back and that all Ayr had to do was attack our wings.

And it didnt take long for them to have a few runs down the wing to see they were right.

First goal the Ayr player had so much time to recieve the ball, move it to his other foot, do some online shopping, then curl one into the far corner.

Second goal players just switched off and gave the player too much time to turn and lob a ball to the back post.

Then the triple sub. WTF.

Agreed that McCord and Gold needed to come on. But to take McIntosh off and keep that useless c**t Swankie on is beyond a joke. I swear he could be sitting on a deckchair in the centre circle, with a beer in one hand and fag in the other and Dick would still think he is doing a great job.

Denholm had a very poor game and should have been off aswell.

But alas he decides to take Linn, McIntosh and Yule off.

Yule should have stayed on as he has the energy in the middle of the park to break up attacks but he was removed for Omar.

Then the penalty claim. Shocking decision by the ref and his assistant. No idea what they were watching but they should be made to explain how they came to the conclusion they came up with.

Dick's reaction was a farce. A ban and fine will be coming. Maybe longer than usual for the multiple offences commited. Encroaching on the pitch, language to the officials, not going to the stands when ordered.

The third goal was pathetic. Omar who had barely been on the park just stands and watches the ayr players run last him. Thats the sort of laziness that kills us. He should be busting a gut tracking back seeing as he is just on the park. Get him to f**k as he is another waste of a shirt. If he had tracked back then the player who scores would never have that much time to cut in and score.

The 4th was just meh. Not sure if it was offside or not but it summed up our game. Time and again our defenders were left in 2/3 on 1 situations. Of the Ayr players had got the pass off quicker or haf some more luck they could have easily scored 10.

In conclusion we were fucking hopeless at the front and the back and sooner or later we are going to have a really bad run of games and miss out on the playoffs.

[emoji1]

1 defeat and it’s punt everyone, no idea why you think we’re going to go on a bad run either, same players and formation we’ve had all season and we haven’t done too badly.... you even have some Ayr fans saying we’ve been the best team they’ve seen.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went along yesterday as a neutral, thoroughly enjoyed it. Bit of a weird game where Arbroath had a lot of the ball but Ayr never seemed that uncomfortable to me. Bit of luck for a couple of their goals. Campbell's reaction was absolutely embarrassing, but from where we were standing at the opposite end of the ground it looked like the clearest penalty on the planet. First visit to Somerset for me, cracking ground and the pie was top notch. Few beers in the Wallace also went down a treat before the game, a gid day out.

Also, David Hutton is a w****r.

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Had the pleasure to watch the game with my girlfriends dad and a former ayr player.

Both of them said after 5 minutes that our formation is a mistake. With 3 at the back we needed wide players that were willing to track back and that all Ayr had to do was attack our wings.

And it didnt take long for them to have a few runs down the wing to see they were right.

First goal the Ayr player had so much time to recieve the ball, move it to his other foot, do some online shopping, then curl one into the far corner.

Second goal players just switched off and gave the player too much time to turn and lob a ball to the back post.

Then the triple sub. WTF.
Agreed that McCord and Gold needed to come on. But to take McIntosh off and keep that useless c**t Swankie on is beyond a joke. I swear he could be sitting on a deckchair in the centre circle, with a beer in one hand and fag in the other and Dick would still think he is doing a great job.

Denholm had a very poor game and should have been off aswell.

But alas he decides to take Linn, McIntosh and Yule off.

Yule should have stayed on as he has the energy in the middle of the park to break up attacks but he was removed for Omar.

Then the penalty claim. Shocking decision by the ref and his assistant. No idea what they were watching but they should be made to explain how they came to the conclusion they came up with.

Dick's reaction was a farce. A ban and fine will be coming. Maybe longer than usual for the multiple offences commited. Encroaching on the pitch, language to the officials, not going to the stands when ordered.

The third goal was pathetic. Omar who had barely been on the park just stands and watches the ayr players run last him. Thats the sort of laziness that kills us. He should be busting a gut tracking back seeing as he is just on the park. Get him to f**k as he is another waste of a shirt. If he had tracked back then the player who scores would never have that much time to cut in and score.

The 4th was just meh. Not sure if it was offside or not but it summed up our game. Time and again our defenders were left in 2/3 on 1 situations. Of the Ayr players had got the pass off quicker or haf some more luck they could have easily scored 10.

In conclusion we were fucking hopeless at the front and the back and sooner or later we are going to have a really bad run of games and miss out on the playoffs.

I think we might just get relegated we're so fucking hopeless...........ffs

Agree with all the posts about 3-5-2. Really not a fan of it and it just seems stupid to have Bobby Linn facing one on ones with opposition wingers in his own area. No idea how the penalty wasn’t given but I’m still not sure I believe that dick actually stormed halfway across the pitch and screamed at the ref :lol:

Agree with all the posts about 3-5-2. Really not a fan of it and it just seems stupid to have Bobby Linn facing one on ones with opposition wingers in his own area. No idea how the penalty wasn’t given but I’m still not sure I believe that dick actually stormed halfway across the pitch and screamed at the ref :lol:

It was a rugby tackle. If the Ref supervisor was there then Roncone is fucked

The thing I love about the Dick Campbell incident is that even after he's calmed down, he's still going on about requiring an apology from the ref in his post match interview.  

Obviously the decision was atrocious, but for a manager to storm onto the field like that, blasts the  original error out of the water.   Absolutely hilarious though.  I quite enjoyed the reaction to it in the Sportscene studio.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The thing I love about the Dick Campbell incident is that even after he's calmed down, he's still going on about requiring an apology from the ref in his post match interview.  

Obviously the decision was atrocious, but for a manager to storm onto the field like that, blasts the  original error out of the water.   Absolutely hilarious though.  I quite enjoyed the reaction to it in the Sportscene studio.

This.

It`s an absolutely awful decision.  Tremendous stuff form the Dick though. Brilliant viewing.

Photographs and GoPro of the Rugby Tackle.    https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157690851678401

For small clubs, getting into the 5th round of a cup competition can not only change the fortunes of your season, but put you financially in a position for a season or more where you can invest heavily in your squad.  At 2-0, you win a penalty, maybe the player gets red-carded and it changes the entire outcome of the game and the future of your club.    No wonder Dick was seething.

A home tie against Rangers / Fraserburgh, bumper crowd, maybe Sky Sports - £30,000 more income for a part time club - However no penalty and not into the 5th round.

Even when McCord scored to make it 2-1 the entire home support went eerily silent for about 5 minutes, fearful their team was away to blow it again.    

You can argue about the 3 subs, but after Ayr's 2nd goal and Hammy's yellow they had a spell where you could see the confidence was building.   We created far more chances after the subs came on, but we were throwing everyone forward like a good old cup tie, yet paid the price as we got caught on two counter attacks.  

IMG_5485 copy.jpg

Agree hate 3-5-2 still, seems we play that to fit in some players Instead of what’s best for team, Has to be 4 4 2 but seems we sacrifice a defender to fit in one of the many attack minded players we have,  we also seen to have the same couple of players who are subbed every week, Gold, Linn McCord, 

And then next week who gets dropped for Wallace who must play in my opinion, most likely McIntosh while it should be Swankie, 

10 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

And then next week who gets dropped for Wallace who must play in my opinion, most likely McIntosh while it should be Swankie, 

That would be absolutely absurd if it happens...... but I agree with you the chances are that's what will be done.

13 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

It’s actually beyond belief he’s no given it :lol:

That's exactly what all the Ayr fans were saying a couple of weeks ago when an Arbroath player stopped the ball from going in the net with his hand and it was right on the line.  Sadly these things happen in football especially in the lower divisions.  The refs got it wrong  in both games, but hey that's football for you.

Archived