Rangers v Aberdeen / Aberdeen v Rangers

It was pretty special thanks for asking. As much as I have no problem with Rangers and would wish them luck against any other side, when they play us all bets are off and that tie was absolutely crucial to us as we preserved our top flight status and got what had been a major monkey off our backs as we hadn't beaten Rangers for twelve and a half years by the time this tie took place. Once I left the ground that day and was walking home I bumped into a few Rangers fans who were War Office bound. They congratulated us and I commiserated them before exchanging a special handshake and we wished each others clubs well. [emoji4]
I can tell you, I did not wash my hand for a week after that encounter.

You don’t half spout some pish.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RussellAnderson said:

I don't doubt that he's been approached. I also don't doubt that Aberdeen have told Rangers to do one.

No one has said that he's been approached. Why do you "don't doubt" that Rangers have already made contact with Aberdeen?

4 minutes ago, MJC said:

It was pretty special thanks for asking. As much as I have no problem with Rangers and would wish them luck against any other side, when they play us all bets are off and that tie was absolutely crucial to us as we preserved our top flight status and got what had been a major monkey off our backs as we hadn't beaten Rangers for twelve and a half years by the time this tie took place. Once I left the ground that day and was walking home I bumped into a few Rangers fans who were War Office bound. They congratulated us and I commiserated them before exchanging a special handshake and we wished each others clubs well. :)

Fair play , how did it feel when your club hardly got any credit in the general press and from the state broadcaster..??? All the attention went to another club , who failed to get back to its" rightfull place "..Shit eh??   In a nutshell , your club bolloxed up the big  plan to get the "status quo " back within the timescale of minimum disruption..Glad you support Motherwell  though ..Takes special people to keep going to watch the cannon fodder , somebody has to ..Hope the Dons absolutely thrash  The Rangers tomorrow , Derek McInnes stays put , Alex Rae is punted to f@ck to another planet after being asked about his "sources" etc etc.... But like  Motherwell , they,ll get f@uck all credit (n except on here:lol: )

I have lightened up a bit since Wednesday. I stayed in the city last night and had a really good night out. A hotel cooked breakfast and I am raring to go.  A Dons win and we move 4 points clear of HIbs in second place.

I hope DM puts out an attacking side and we win comfortably. However, any win will do and a draw would be disappointing but not a disaster. 

Must be staying then. [emoji4]
I know the bookies is just fan opinion but have you ever known a manager ever who wasn't at least approached with odds of 1/25?
Seems to be the worlds worst kept secret.

His odds aren't anywhere close to 1/25, and never have been, they'd close the market if it reached that stage. He's 1/5 at best, which is less odds on that the bookies had Tommy Wright to Dundee United a few seasons back.

His odds aren't anywhere close to 1/25, and never have been, they'd close the market if it reached that stage. He's 1/5 at best, which is less odds on that the bookies had Tommy Wright to Dundee United a few seasons back.

1/25 at Paddy Power when I last checked.

1/8 with WHill and Ladbrokes

Better line up today, heid first Aberdeen.

????[emoji1248]????[emoji294]️[emoji294]️????[emoji1248]????

COYR

1/25 at Paddy Power when I last checked.

1/8 with WHill and Ladbrokes

Better line up today, heid first Aberdeen.
????[emoji1248]????[emoji294]️[emoji294]️????[emoji1248]????

COYR

Paddy Power have a history of winding up Rangers fans. They had their own name in the running for the job at 15/1 last week.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Paddy Power have a history of winding up Rangers fans. They had their own name in the running for the job at 15/1 last week.

Is that legal?  I realise to any normal person that's an obvious wind up, but I could quite see an orc falling for that and putting a tenner on Patrick Power.

Aberdeen: Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, Considine, O'Connor, McLean, Stewart, Rooney, Wright, McKenna, May.

Substitutes: Rogers, Reynolds, Maynard, Arnason, Ball, Harvie, Ross.

Looks like our more normal 4-4-1-1 with Stewart and Wright out wide today.

Surprised Arnason dropped again. Wonder if he is struggling with an injury.

Much more attacking team. I imagine may will be on the wing with Rooney up top.
Disappointed to see arnason drop out, his experience and aggression will be a miss for us. I suspect McInnes is 'managing' him due to his age.

Should be a good game.

COYR etc

Quietly hoping that Aberdeen will dish out a beat so severe that Rangers* will disband with immediate effect never to darken our door again........

Realistically, Aberdeen to shit the bed for the second time in a week sadly. 0-2 to the ****.

Much more attacking team. I imagine may will be on the wing with Rooney up top.

I was just debating if May would be playing in behind / beside Rooney or stuck out wide. If it’s the latter it would suggest Stewart is playing center mid - it looked like he was playing there when he came on at Ibrox.

Archived