The Chronicles of the Banter Years (2012 - ∞)

Anybody got the vid of when jabba pulled Warbs out of a press conference for not toeing the party line? Always gives me a giggle.  That and when this year's new signings were training in old players kits with the letters peeled off.

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Glorious late equaliser...

There was another very late equaliser scored by someone at Ibrox that season, that involved Alexander almost literally chucking it in.

A late Stenhousemuir penalty the following season, also got a tremendous reaction from that buffoon who commentates on Rangers TV.

How about getting condemned by the forces for the crassness of their Remembrance pantomime?  That was good.

There was another very late equaliser scored by someone at Ibrox that season, that involved Alexander almost literally chucking it in.
A late Stenhousemuir penalty the following season, also got a tremendous reaction from that buffoon who commentates on Rangers TV.
How about getting condemned by the forces for the crassness of their Remembrance pantomime?  That was good.

Didn't the Stenhousemuir boy bless himself or something like that at the home support?

On 12/8/2017 at 22:26, St. Jude said:

Have to agree with @HibsFan, the Scottish cup final 2016 was peak banter years. You can feel the seethe from Keith Jackson radiating through the following article;

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/every-rangers-player-pitch-attacked-8028393

If any other event has caused an article with this level of fury and blatant bullshit I will happily stand corrected.

What was the final count? After the dust had settled and the trauma professionals had helped the The Rangers players how many of them were actually assaulted, spat on  or otherwise terrorized? Given the TV & mobile phone coverage I guess the evidence is indisputable

1 hour ago, EdTheDuck said:

What was the final count? After the dust had settled and the trauma professionals had helped the The Rangers players how many of them were actually assaulted, spat on  or otherwise terrorized? Given the TV & mobile phone coverage I guess the evidence is indisputable

Did it not transpire that the total was around 0? Even Lee Wallace said he wasn't attacked.

1 hour ago, EdTheDuck said:

Wes Foderingham got pushed, and that genuinely is it.

11 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

In terms of the thread's first post, the fact that Rangers went behind after just twelve seconds of the much hyped Cup tie at Tannadice, probably deserves a mention, alongside the fact that they got hammered and wound up with nine men.

Did they not BOYCOTT that game as well?

Did Charles Green not deliver a handout at a presentation to the SPL (?) that was just a few pictures of Rangers winning stuff? And the Celtic delegate got a bound colour copy and everyone else got a black and white printout with a staple in it? 

I may be making this up, but it certainly rings a bell.

10 hours ago, Menzel said:

Still the greatest gif ever posted on here

SinfulAgedCusimanse.gif

Fantastic.

The whole AGM incident was amazing. The board tried to hold the AGM in London to hide from the fans but were refused use of not one but two hotels. Eventually leading to the tent fiasco.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-egm-plans-disarray-latest-5178853

Also are The DEEDS not part of the Banter Years.

NvUAug5.png

11 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Did Charles Green not deliver a handout at a presentation to the SPL (?) that was just a few pictures of Rangers winning stuff? And the Celtic delegate got a bound colour copy and everyone else got a black and white printout with a staple in it? 

I may be making this up, but it certainly rings a bell.

Sourced

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9379754/Rangers-in-crisis-Friday-the-13th-could-be-particularly-unlucky-for-Ibrox-newco.html

An SPL chairman who was present at the meeting said last night: “The brochure was very unimpressive and even more so because the wee diddy clubs got copies that were stapled together, but Celtic’s was spiral bound.

“It was also more than unfortunate that they were open at the page which referred to the voluntary transfer embargo when somebody got an alert on their Blackberry to say that Ian Black had announced he would sign for Rangers if they were accepted into the SPL.”

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Please people, don't say that Sevco were 'put down to the third division'. No such thing happened. Sevco, a new club, were unfairly admitted to the bottom tier ahead of more deserving clubs.

Also Sevco can't go bust 'again', since they've never went bust before. Rangers went bust and were liquidated. Sevco are a new club. Let us hope that they go bust.

Trying to explain this to my rangers supporting pals is like trying to tell them how the large hadron collider works. 

13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Aye, we drew 3-3 with Rangers at Ibrox (a credible achievement, given we'd been bodied 8-0 on our previous visit and had to sit through the ignominy of the club's Armed Forces Day celebrations, which bizarrely concluded with a gang of pissed-up squaddies piling into the Blue Order for a sash bash at half time) and our equaliser was scored from the penalty spot after Emilson Cribari tugged someone's jersey at a corner. Sean Higgins sent Cammy Bell the wrong way and celebrated by sauntering towards the Broomloan Stand with his hands cupped behind his ears.

Tom Miller, the loathsome Rangers TV commentator, blithely quipped: "Grow, up Mr Higgins. Grow up."

I've been looking for a clip since I started reading this thread but I could only find the SPFL's highlights.

4 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Tom Miller, the loathsome Rangers TV commentator, blithely quipped: "Grow, up Mr Higgins. Grow up."

How does that guy make a living? Genuinely interested because surely he doesn’t make enough money to see him through by commentating on Rangers once every second week. 

18 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

(also my understanding of Kevin Kyle was "I asked for six grand a week for a laugh and got it," or thereabouts)

I’m sure he had a chat with his agent and they were looking to secure something like £500 per week or something.

He walked into the room and before he was able to open his mouth he was told “you’ll be getting 6k per week and it’s non-negotiable’.”