Queens v Dundee United

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The correct outcome here should be Queens docked six points and a suspended fine.

Wrong, the correct outcome is that St.Mirren get docked nine points and Lewis Morgan has his contract terminated for his involvement in this shambles. 

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Did the temperature fall significantly during the 1st half? I fail to see how a plastic pitch that was playable at 3pm couldn't be 45 minutes later!

What it looks like to me is that the game probably shouldn't have been played in the first place and that it took some actual football on the pitch for them to realise it was 'dangerous' despite the officials deeming it playable earlier in the day. 

7 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

What it looks like to me is that the game probably shouldn't have been played in the first place and that it took some actual football on the pitch for them to realise it was 'dangerous' despite the officials deeming it playable earlier in the day. 

Very possible, proving just how 'competent' Craig Thomson is!

Thomson on the radio there, again confirming that players from both sides had expressed concern about the pitch during the first half and that both managers agreed with the decision.

I still find it weird because a) players didn't look to me to be particularly struggling with their footing and b) there truly was nothing at all exceptional about the weather conditions.

It would suggest that every game for the next three months must be under threat.

Dundee United statement - 

"Dundee United are extremely disappointed that today’s game was abandoned after 45 minutes.

The referee has explained to the Club that the pitch was playable at the start and had deteriorated to the extent that it was endangering the safety of the players. We respect that players' safety cannot be compromised.

Above all, we are most disappointed for the fans and we are already in discussions with Queen of the South regarding reduced entry prices for the re-arranged fixture."

3 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Dundee United statement - 

"Dundee United are extremely disappointed that today’s game was abandoned after 45 minutes.

The referee has explained to the Club that the pitch was playable at the start and had deteriorated to the extent that it was endangering the safety of the players. We respect that players' safety cannot be compromised.

Above all, we are most disappointed for the fans and we are already in discussions with Queen of the South regarding reduced entry prices for the re-arranged fixture."

So, how can a plastic pitch 'deteriorate' in 45 minutes unless the temp falls significantly during that time? I just don't get it, would be good if someone ITK about these things could clear it up.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

So, how can a plastic pitch 'deteriorate' in 45 minutes unless the temp falls significantly during that time? I just don't get it, would be good if someone ITK about these things could clear it up.

I really don't know. I would assume that having 22 players and a referee using the pitch for 45 minutes (plus the pre-match warm up) would suitably wear down the pitch and that if anything the surface would improve, not deteriorate. 

2 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I really don't know. I would assume that having 22 players and a referee using the pitch for 45 minutes (plus the pre-match warm up) would suitably wear down the pitch and that if anything the surface would improve, not deteriorate. 

My thoughts too.

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

My thoughts too.

Joke of a decision! Think only the ref and couple of players wanted off! Temp wasnt even at freezing level when game was called off! The game should have been completed cop out of a reason from Thomson that no one can argue with tho player safety, watched Thomson and ass refs asses pitch the weren't sliding on it either were any of the players during the first half or after the game was abandoned either. Looks like rearranged game will not be till end Jan at earliest, ticket prices to be confirmed.

Archived