Queens v Dundee United

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, gogs said:

Surely as the 2nd half failed to start those with a ticket from today should get in free?, No?

Not if a match reaches half time. Sure the club will make it a reduced price tho for re arranged match.

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

Because it was on grass.  

All plastic pitches should be ripped up and reinstated to grass. 

Eh the Annan game 10 mile down the road finished as did a game at the local artificial pitch 2 miles away!! REF very bad decision.

Dundee United statement - 

"Dundee United are extremely disappointed that today’s game was abandoned after 45 minutes.

The referee has explained to the Club that the pitch was playable at the start and had deteriorated to the extent that it was endangering the safety of the players. We respect that players' safety cannot be compromised.

Above all, we are most disappointed for the fans and we are already in discussions with Queen of the South regarding reduced entry prices for the re-arranged fixture."

This statement is a total contradiction to the interview given by Ref Craig Thomson - he said that senior players from both teams and both Managers were in agreement with decision.

Not sure if it did us a favour or not - we should have been at least 2-0 down at HT.Certainly if we had reappeared for the second half with the same type of performance it would surely only have been a "matter of time". There again when a team passes up gilt edged chances there is sometimes a heavy price to pay. Still don't understand why Lyndon Dykes has to play as a glorified left back when the opposition threat is a totally one footed left back who is filling in at right back (Tam Scobbie) !!!!!

Hopefully the financial positives regarding the pitch make it all worthwhile because as others have said it has been a bad day for the artificial product today.

If unplayable why were players allowed to run on surface after abandoned. Temp was hovering between minus 1 and zero on gauge in car. Radio said it was the senior players Rankin and Mcdonald were advising ref during the first half. Disappointed as all the way down from Largs to watch this.

4 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

This statement is a total contradiction to the interview given by Ref Craig Thomson - he said that senior players from both teams and both Managers were in agreement with decision.

Not sure if it did us a favour or not - we should have been at least 2-0 down at HT.Certainly if we had reappeared for the second half with the same type of performance it would surely only have been a "matter of time". There again when a team passes up gilt edged chances there is sometimes a heavy price to pay. Still don't understand why Lyndon Dykes has to play as a glorified left back when the opposition threat is a totally one footed left back who is filling in at right back (Tam Scobbie) !!!!!

Hopefully the financial positives regarding the pitch make it all worthwhile because as others have said it has been a bad day for the artificial product today.

The statement on our OS is also distancing the club from the decision and how it was reached.

16 minutes ago, mcgregor said:

If unplayable why were players allowed to run on surface after abandoned. Temp was hovering between minus 1 and zero on gauge in car. Radio said it was the senior players Rankin and Mcdonald were advising ref during the first half. Disappointed as all the way down from Largs to watch this.

Glad I didn't bother travelling down from Ayrshire today. I must be psychic.

The referee said at half time that several players had told him during the first half that it was slippy but no player afterward reckoned it was unplayable. All the ones I spoke to were astonished he had called it off. They were just looking for a bit of understanding on fouls I think. The managers were not asked their opinions, they were called in and told. As far as I know neither particularly wanted it off though they accepted the decision without any argument.

The pitch wasnt frozen and isnt frozen now. There was a sheen of light frost forming but it was no slippier than on a wet day. Its a pretty baffling decision but its up to the referee ultimately. United were passing the ball well on it and generally well on top. I have seen football played on much worse surfaces recently.

33 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Not if a match reaches half time. Sure the club will make it a reduced price tho for re arranged match.

If that is the scenario then the club should have issued tickets to all those leaving the stadium for free entry to the rearranged fixture. I know from working at Rugby Park for 20 years, they had to issue tickets for any match that was abandoned before the hour mark. I wouldn't reckon the rules have altered in the last seven years.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Wrong, the correct outcome is that St.Mirren get docked nine points and Lewis Morgan has his contract terminated for his involvement in this shambles. 

Never mind this shite about all weather pitches8)

How is the Bairn :thumsup2

Archived