Kilmarnock v THEM

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Clarke has called on his Kilmarnock players to keep taking advantage of their fine form after the 2-1 home win over Rangers.

A double from Kris Boyd extended Killie's unbeaten run in December to five matches and made it three home wins on the spin.

The men from Ayrshire fought back after Declan John's opener to ensure they have won four and drawn one of their five matches over the festive period.

Ahead of matches with Hamilton and Hibernian, the Killie boss spoke of his pleasure at his team's display. 

"All I've said to the players is just about maximising the moment when things are going for you," he said.

"And at the moment things are going for us. You have to try and make that moment last as long as possible.

"It's a bit like Celtic with their 69 games - I'm not saying we're going to do 69 games but it's all about maximising that moment. When the ball seems to be bouncing for you, you have to get as many points as you can."

Clarke was satisfied with his team's first half performance but revealed his pride at their display after the break.

He said: "It was pleasing the way the players responded to being a little bit unfortunate to be one down at half time. I thought we were marginally the better team in the first half. It was a close game.

"I said to them at half time if you keep the same level of performance we should get something out of the game but the players actually found another level in the second half.

"I don't think there's anybody in the stadium who would say we didn't deserve to win." 

Rangers are fast becoming our little plaything that we take out of our pocket and bitch slap about when we're bored.

It would appear the same applies to the majority of the top flight under Steve Clarke [emoji3]  

Last 5 games.....

a965423ad7aeda6dd3b9ab631f1345f8.jpg

Last 10 games under SC.....

3949f47ba25f1ccb172ef928c79385a1.jpg

Count the win at Firhill & the draw at Ibrox that's 22pts from 12 games....

Clarkey is sum boi [emoji23]

After previous humiliations, to be the much better team in this game and get our just rewards is beyond orgasmic. To lose the goal in the first half was rotten as the defending was poor, but to see Rangers' defence absolutely crumble and concede two Boydy goals... The stuff that dreams are truly made of. Alan Power was outstanding in midfield today and though the sponsors went for Mulumbu as their MOTM - he had a brilliant game too - Power was great given he was 50/50 during the week to make the game. I'm going to go out tonight and celebrate with the biggest smile on my face and nothing will be able to take it away!

I love Sir Steve of Saltcoats. If this keeps up then the freedom of the town must surely be in the post for him!

6953236.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

Can only echo what others have said.

We were excellent, and fully deserved to win the game.

we've skelped the **** before, but it's a rare occasion where we totally outplay them; we missed so many chances before we eventually equalised, and really it should have been more.

Also, it just shows you how far The Rangers have fallen that a lot of their fans expected to lose the game, and a ***skelping only gets 10 pages on P&B.

Doesn't seem to surprise people anymore, and as I've said we fully deserved to win that, it wasn't a smash and grab.

Archived