Karaoke

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who do karaoke tend to be loud, annoying, obnoxious middle-aged females who think their 3 double Malibu and cokes have turned them into fucking Beyonce, and people who think that they’re so bad at singing that it becomes funny and in some way good.

I’ll do quite a lot of things when I’m pished, karaoke certainly isn’t one of them.

Karaoke is for people who are utterly shite at singing (me). I hate people who are great and want to be told how great they are.

ETA: sang Zombie by the Cranberries on Sat

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Karaoke is for people who are utterly shite at singing (me). I hate people who are great and want to be told how great they are.

ETA: sang Zombie by the Cranberries on Sat

Sang? 

Nearly anything by Oasis. I have done karaoke countless times and was a Tuesday night regular in my uni days. Some nights were good and I had everyone singing along, so much so that no singing would be required from myself and I would simply hold the mic out to the crowd. Other nights were not so good, being too drunk and forgetting the words.

A few weeks ago I made a spectacular return to Dundee Union after about two years and sang LG’s “Wall Of Glass.” It was a good performance, so much so that a bird I matched with on tinder said “you were definitely doing kareoke in Union last week”

Karaoke in Japan - fantastic.  Karaoke anywhere else - not so much fun.

The Passenger by Iggy Pop is quite easy to sing even if you can't really sing, which I can't.  The whole point of karaoke, as mentioned above, is that it's for people who can't sing.  Singing ability ruins the experience for everyone.

55 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Nearly anything by Oasis. I have done karaoke countless times and was a Tuesday night regular in my uni days. Some nights were good and I had everyone singing along, so much so that no singing would be required from myself and I would simply hold the mic out to the crowd. Other nights were not so good, being too drunk and forgetting the words.

Are you Fish from Marillion?

Did karaoke a few.. times in my life.

Stairway to Heaven

War Pigs

Will the Circle Be Unbroken 

First two because they are long and boring and the last because it's about a funeral.

I got caught out in Tenerife. The karaoke person was pestering  me, so I asked for a Joy Division song, confident he had none. 5 minutes later I was mumbling Love Will Tear Us Apart to a less than welcoming crowd. 1-0 karaoke man.

10 hours ago, paranoid android said:

c***s at work want to have a karaoke night, so...

where's good for karaoke? (especially in Edinburgh, please), and

what's your karaoke song? 

Went here as part of my little brother's stag. Was good. Huge selection of tunes.

Why do all fatties think they’re tremendous at karaoke?

On a side note, the Hole in the wa pub dumfries is legendary for its karaoke. You’ve got the fatties belting out Adele, the old alkis doing Sinatra and some pissed up spice boy thinking he’s Ed Sheeran.

I used to frequent a karaoke' night at a rock bar in Aberdeen, largely due to the cheap midweek drinks deal they had then. However... every f***ing week the same girl would turn up and go all out for the prize by singing 'Time is Running Out' by Muse. Her primary problem was that she was absolutely shite at singing in general, but something in her head obviously had her thinking that she had nailed Matt Bellamy's distinctive 'vibrato' style voice. Well, she hadn't and it sounded more like a sobbing mess sitting on top of a washing machine.

It got to the point where folk would actually boo her but she obviously watched something like Chariots of Fire over breakfast (probably Rice Snaps with barbed wire) each morning to make her never give up until she succeeded. She never did and she's probably at home just now, sitting in a black Korn t-shirt surrounded by cats and framed Panterra posters.

Archived