Edinburgh City v Clyde

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Taken from the City twitter.

Sadly today’s match is off due to weather conditions. The pitch maintenance suppliers do not recommend putting salt down and the manual removal of ice and snow will result in removal of the rubber pellets and damage the integrity of the pitch fibres.

Spartans arn't going to f**k up their pitch especially for another club.

Why are they called all weather pitches then :lol:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, newcastle broon said:

Why are they called all weather pitches then :lol:

That's actually a bug bear with me Broon their not. You maybe have a better chance getting a game on with them but their not "all weather" just lazy journalism by you Daily Record type hacks.

The only real "all weather pitches" in Scotland are the indoor ones at Oriam, Ravenscraig and Toryglen.

Three more midweek  away games to be played at a time of year when we have 3 out of four away. 
To think that some people were actually desperate for the Peterhead game to be postponed :lol:

Yes a lot of people did want this game cancelled. It gave the management team more time to sort the team out and bring in better players when we face probably the best team in the league currently.

I think it's time you get over yourself.

You are boring

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Mickey mouse club had no intention of getting the game on , yet they said the snow is melting yesterday emoji23.png
Give there committee a chance to watch their teams in the old firm game without the inconvience of having to put the game on today

I doubt our committee, being sound Edinburgh folk, actually care who wins the "Both Cheeks" fixture. 

BTW champ you've managed to wrongly and correctly spell "their" in the same sentence. 

I doubt our committee, being sound Edinburgh folk, actually care who wins the "Both Cheeks" fixture. 
BTW champ you've managed to wrongly and correctly spell "their" in the same sentence. 

9.30 inspection couldn't wait to get the game off [emoji23] sound Edinburgh folk? rubgy 3.00pm kick off no coincidence then [emoji6]

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

I notice full time club Airdrie with their all weather pitch have their fixture off today. 

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

fairy nuff but I seem to have missed the coal mine at the top of Leith Walk next to the City Club! 

No sure what your getting at but never thought I'd see you defending Spartans :whistle

Strictly speaking there are no "free weekends".

There are 39 weekends in the regular season this year (i.e. between the League Cup sections ending and the playoffs)... Two of these are taken-up by the Scottish Cup: R2 where all SPFL2 clubs enter and R3... plus two are taken-up by the Challenge Cup: R2 and R3.

Given that half the division made R2 of the Challenge Cup this season, meaning that 3-5 games from 5 would've been cancelled if a league card had been scheduled, all you can really argue with is not having a full card on R3. However 3 clubs from SPFL2 reached it so even then 2-3 out of 5 matches would still have been cancelled.

You would also have needed to uplift that card from somewhere else, as there are no scheduled midweek rounds in SPFL1 or SPFL2. Perhaps forego Tuesday's holiday games? Blank weekend somewhere else?

Of course clubs can also agree to bring games forward, onto these blank cup weekends. This season only Cowdenbeath-Annan did (to Scottish Cup R3 from today); last season only Edinburgh City-Elgin did (to Challenge Cup R4 as was from Christmas Eve).

Hardly a ringing endorsement.

Strictly speaking there are no "free weekends".

There are 39 weekends in the regular season this year (i.e. between the League Cup sections ending and the playoffs)... Two of these are taken-up by the Scottish Cup: R2 where all SPFL2 clubs enter and R3... plus two are taken-up by the Challenge Cup: R2 and R3.

Given that half the division made R2 of the Challenge Cup this season, meaning that 3-5 games from 5 would've been cancelled if a league card had been scheduled, all you can really argue with is not having a full card on R3. However 3 clubs from SPFL2 reached it so even then 2-3 out of 5 matches would still have been cancelled.

You would also have needed to uplift that card from somewhere else, as there are no scheduled midweek rounds in SPFL1 or SPFL2. Perhaps forego Tuesday's holiday games? Blank weekend somewhere else?

Of course clubs can also agree to bring games forward, onto these blank cup weekends. This season only Cowdenbeath-Annan did (to Scottish Cup R3 from today); last season only Edinburgh City-Elgin did (to Challenge Cup R4 as was from Christmas Eve).

Hardly a ringing endorsement.

You Neil Doncaster's PR man ?

The whole thing is a total shambles top to bottom

Archived