Edinburgh City v Clyde

Back on topic :

Will this go ahead? - is there snow cover in Edinburgh, and if so who gets to scrape it off Ainslie Park for an Ed.City game? I've heard talk that there are consequences to the rubber pellets if clearing snow off these plastic pitches, so do Spartans let you do so?

Am making plans for Saturday long-distance travel to this, so if it has no chance can somebody please say so asap not just at lunchtime on Saturday. Thanks.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

Back on topic :

Will this go ahead? - is there snow cover in Edinburgh, and if so who gets to scrape it off Ainslie Park for an Ed.City game? I've heard talk that there are consequences to the rubber pellets if clearing snow off these plastic pitches, so do Spartans let you do so?

Am making plans for Saturday long-distance travel to this, so if it has no chance can somebody please say so asap not just at lunchtime on Saturday. Thanks.

Tollcross ams v ww u20 s was cancelled at Ainslie Park  tonight. I know it was only a friendly kick around but.......... 

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Good post LP.

Do spartans clear pitch for their tenants?! Probably not i suspect but who will receive the revenue of at least a couple hundred fans against a 1/10th on a midweek night, Re-arranged fixture...

In the hands of the gods i supposeemoji100.png

Spartans do all the catering for Edinburgh City games so there's a few bob in it for them - they would probably make more with a Saturday Clyde away support than a midweek one.  I would imagine it would be Spartans who would clear the pitch which to be fair they do look after not like some 3G pitches i've seen.

40 minutes ago, WhiteCollarClyde said:

Can't imagine anyone will be making a huge effort to get this one the go ahead unfortunately. Absolutely covered and coming down heavy in city centre Glasgow.

Hoping this one goes ahead but not looking good if it's anywhere near as bad there.

Work just up the road from Ainslie Park and currently no snow at all.

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Work just up the road from Ainslie Park and currently no snow at all.

You mean that you sit in an office just up the road from Ainslie Park and get paid for posting on P&B:lol: I take it you still have your self ban on watching City?

37 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

You mean that you sit in an office just up the road from Ainslie Park and get paid for posting on P&B:lol: I take it you still have your self ban on watching City?

Possibly.

Still not been back. Might relent on the 2nd as it is only game I can get to.

Snow easing now not much on the ground so would think tomorrows game would be on.

Archived