Jaggies v Staggies

Stunned this isn't a thread yet (reserving the right to affect a total riddy if proven wrong) so allow me to begin one.

Huge 6 pointer for both teams. Hopefully the Magyars will force the opposition to justify their inclusion of a goalkeeper in the starting line-up, unlike against Aberdeen the other evening, whose custodian might as well have been me, considering the complete lack of goal threat we posed.

Game on!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both looking forward to and dreading this fixture in a while.

The team that finished vs St Johnstone:

Fox

Naismith | Fraser | Routis | Van der Weg

Gardyne | Chow | Lindsay | Keillor-Dunn

Schalk | Mckay

That's not a team that will control midfield, but will offer a ton of running.  Jim O'Brien has been benched in the last couple of matches amid some naughty-step rumours and Draper was out of the squad entirely for no obvious reason, when I would consider them to be the strongest central midfielders at the club.

If Davies shakes off the jarred knee then he'll come into defence and Routis will likely play in midfield.  Eagles will play every game if he's fit enough, I think it was just a case of him being kicked off the park by Foster and he'll be ready again.  Curran will play up front, even if he and Schalk have never really clicked as a partnership.  However, there's a strong case for starting with the above.

I would be astounded if this is on, considering there's snow forecast for most of today and tomorrow.

If it's on, it's must win for both sides. Hopefully Woods is back, and Barton is moved into the centre of defence alongside Keown and Turnbull, with Lawless at LWB and Devine as far to f**k as possible.

0-0 thriller in the sludgey snow.

1 hour ago, GrahamJags said:

I would be astounded if this is on, considering there's snow forecast for most of today and tomorrow.

If it's on, it's must win for both sides. Hopefully Woods is back, and Barton is moved into the centre of defence alongside Keown and Turnbull, with Lawless at LWB and Devine as far to f**k as possible.

0-0 thriller in the sludgey snow.

Not that much snow forecast for after early this afternoon. Could be an issue with waterlogging I suppose though. 

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcuvyv148#?date=2017-12-30

14 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

Not that much snow forecast for after early this afternoon. Could be an issue with waterlogging I suppose though. 

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcuvyv148#?date=2017-12-30

Fair enough, I got the forecast from the app on my phone which is pretty different to that, saying that there's snow in Glasgow until this evening and then more tomorrow. I hope the game is on, since I missed the Accies game and won't get to Firhill until March by the looks of it.

19 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Yeah, I think they’ve always done that since promotion, or at the very least since McIntyre joined.  

That’s what I thoaught. Still snowing in Paisley, I believe St Mirrin we’re having a noon review in regards to their game more because the roads here are a mess. 

Wouldn't be surprised if this was off.  Snow on and off for the next few hours, turning to rain, then temperatures to drop overnight.  Can't see them being exactly against the idea of a little longer to prepare given the importance of the game. 

For the first time ever, I'm honestly hoping the game is off.
Shows how thin we are squad wise when we are desperate for Woods to be fit

I see Martin Woods is just as popular with Partick Thistle fans as Ross County supporters. May this fixture forever on be known as the Martin Woods memorial derby.

Davies is probably out for County, which means we’ll lose.

12 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Woods has been fine so far and him being fit allows Barton to play in defence so it would be odd to have any Thistle fan slating him if it wasn't the guy who preferred Ade Azeez to Kris Doolan.

This. Woods has been decent enough in the two or three games he's started, and a far better option than a Barton/Edwards pairing.  

Archived