H&M Racist Hoodie

Can you give some examples of these unreasonable positions, other than Uncle Ben's? And is it really so sad that company changed their logo? Or is this more of you making wildly broad generalisations?
Eta I just see you've provided the damning evidence of a single person 6 months ago having a problem with kelloggs
Shit stirrer

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:
9 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:
Can you give some examples of these unreasonable positions, other than Uncle Ben's? And is it really so sad that company changed their logo? Or is this more of you making wildly broad generalisations?
Eta I just see you've provided the damning evidence of a single person 6 months ago having a problem with kelloggs

Shit stirrer

You are being a dick here. You’ve come out with yet another comment which is clearly generalising on a large scale and taking a swipe at people pointing out genuinely racist things, by focusing in on individual exaggerated examples of people being easily offended.

Saying that character from balls of steel would “be a documentary now” clearly insinuates that people doing what he does is a widespread, large scale issue (which it blatantly isn’t), and puts down groups of people like BLM who are highlighting the real, large scale issues that exist. It’s poor form again, and after your last incident on here involving race, it’s hard not to think you’ve got a genuine problem.

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
15 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Shit stirrer

No, come on, give us some examples please! You waded into a thread revived by a bot to lecture everyone about how a comedy bit would now be a documentary because of hyper sensitivity towards racism.

You must know by now that people on here won't just nod along to such obvious nonsense and ask you to actually back it up. I'm sure there's facebook groups where you could post this shite and just get admiring comments back if that's your aim.

My problem is that the majority of the anti racism movement is just tokenism and doesn't deal with the real issues.
People who haven't experienced racism or discrimination are being offended on behalf of others to make themselves look good rather than actually do something about it.
All this has done has divided and split people further as most can see how ridiculous its getting.
I'm hoping that biden can start to bring people back together and actually put some things in place to help with the real issues of poverty, drugs and violence rather than banning shows from netflix and walking about holding a card up.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Remember the balls of steel militant black guy?

Discomforts people, mainly members of the public at work, by accusing them of racism at every opportunity. Usually, this consists of deliberately mistaking the name of something for a racial slur. Examples have included Black Forest gateau, the All Blacks rugby strip, Isle of Wight, white wine and the non-existence of black wine, garden 'hoes', Cocoon and "raccoon" for containing "coon", and the fact that white moves first in chess. Entry music: "Fight the Power" by Public Enemy (season 1 & 2), "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash (season 3).

Now its a documentary

*inhales sharply through teeth*

14 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

My problem is that the majority of the anti racism movement is just tokenism and doesn't deal with the real issues.
People who haven't experienced racism or discrimination are being offended on behalf of others to make themselves look good rather than actually do something about it.
All this has done has divided and split people further as most can see how ridiculous its getting.

I'm hoping that biden can start to bring people back together and actually put some things in place to help with the real issues of poverty, drugs and violence rather than banning shows from netflix and walking about holding a card up.

That's going to have to be a big citation needed for the bits in bold I'm afraid.

Reads like someone has made an anti racist statement on facebook and you've immediately decided they are virtue signalling arseholes who don't actually do anything. Understanding why something is or may be racist isn't the same as being offended on behalf of someone either, btw.

As for the last, there's no mutual exclusivity in recognising that parts of our culture aren't as inclusive as they could be and tackling crime and poverty lol, that's something you've made up in your own head. 

As for people walking about holding a card up? Well that's the sort of direct action that has turned systemic racism in the Western world into one of the most widely discussed topics in 2020, a year when there was a presidential election and a worldwide pandemic (and Patrick Thistle were demoted!). So that's by it's very nature successful. If you thinks that's divisive and therefore a bad thing then sorry but you're wrong. The civil rights protestors were divisive, as was just about any mass social or political movement ever. 

It honestly sounds like what you're saying is that you just don't want anti racism to effect you because you're a nice, rational guy who likes rap and David Goggins. 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

Christ.

At least you’re now admitting that you were generalising and think the majority of people who are speaking out against racism are actually only doing it to make themselves look better, rather than say... because they are fed up with the blatant, structural racism that exists continuing to be a huge issue for massive numbers of people.

No, come on, give us some examples please! You waded into a thread revived by a bot to lecture everyone about how a comedy bit would now be a documentary because of hyper sensitivity towards racism.
You must know by now that people on here won't just nod along to such obvious nonsense and ask you to actually back it up. I'm sure there's facebook groups where you could post this shite and just get admiring comments back if that's your aim.
I like to patrol Internet forums as if I'm admin and look for anyone or anything I can jump on and attack people but act as if im Mr perfect just so I can get some green dots.
I will then post the results on the heads gone thread and meet like minded shit stirrers where we can all have a giant green dot circle jerk.
Different topic, same shit, same outcome.

8 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I like to patrol Internet forums as if I'm admin and look for anyone or anything I can jump on and attack people but act as if im Mr perfect just so I can get some green dots.
I will then post the results on the heads gone thread and meet like minded shit stirrers where we can all have a giant green dot circle jerk.

What the hell is wrong with you? You posted an opinion in the general nonsense forum, which you may have noticed is quite popular, and I'm disagreeing with you. Are you still upset because I said an anti-semite had been binned on the Heads Gone thread? Grow up man 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

So I’ll take that as you having no evidence to back up your frankly offensive stance on this, so talk about dots instead to avoid the question.

23 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

When you say “the majority of the anti racism movement is just tokenism and doesn’t deal with real issues” what exactly do you mean?

45 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I've noticed a few times that yourself, Perkin and Bennett have said some grossly offensive shit then dove behind accusations of bullying and attacking someone with mental health problems when it could all simply be avoided by not saying grossly offensive shit. Plenty of the people who take offence to what you're saying are also struggling themselves but usually try to have a bit more humility about topics they might be ignorant of.

HTH. Have a tune.

Anti daft tokenism
Pro actual real policies and changes that change lives.
Against all racism in real life, not online.

I mean that's all very well but those are vague platitudes without much meaning aren't they? As someone who hates tokenism that would be the last thing you wanted. And it still doesn't address why you think these things are out of control, nor show an understanding of how change comes about. 

What is the daft tokenism? Blackface scenes being taken off netflix? How much of an effect does that really have on your life versus black kids who might watch that and think (rightly or wrongly) that being black is the punchline? That's before we even get into that being a corporate decision rather than as a result of a mass boycott or protest.

Can only agree with @NotThePars as well, it's honestly pretty sickening to see you forever act blameless and oppressed when you make these wild statements and are asked to justify them or disagreed with.