H&M Racist Hoodie

Does anyone know is this the only garment that this particular kid was pictured in or is it just one of a whole range of clothes he's wearing ? I have 2 wee boys and they have tons of clothes with either the word monkey or a picture of a monkey on them. Surely the racist attitude would be to exclude a kid from wearing one particular item due to the colour of his skin.

However ..... Marketing folk at a big company should know that 99% of the population are utter twats that need protecting from their own thoughts and will twist anything and everything into some kind of outrage.

That pretty much sums up my take on it too. Treating one of the kids differently because of the colour of their skin is the very definition of racism. So much of the criticism reeks of people who would have no issue if the kid wearing the hoody had been white.

But totally agree that for any company it’s not so much about the right or wrong but how it will be perceived.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
14 minutes ago, annachinn said:

awesome , i also purchased blank champion s700 and i printed racism on it , from

https://www.ustradeent.com/adult-9-oz-double-dry-eco-pullover-hood-1817.html

Does it have to be racism, or can you print anything on it?

Remember the balls of steel militant black guy?

Discomforts people, mainly members of the public at work, by accusing them of racism at every opportunity. Usually, this consists of deliberately mistaking the name of something for a racial slur. Examples have included Black Forest gateau, the All Blacks rugby strip, Isle of Wight, white wine and the non-existence of black wine, garden 'hoes', Cocoon and "raccoon" for containing "coon", and the fact that white moves first in chess. Entry music: "Fight the Power" by Public Enemy (season 1 & 2), "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash (season 3).

Now its a documentary

37 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Discomforts people, mainly members of the public at work, by accusing them of racism at every opportunity. Usually, this consists of deliberately mistaking the name of something for a racial slur. Examples have included Black Forest gateau, the All Blacks rugby strip, Isle of Wight, white wine and the non-existence of black wine, garden 'hoes', Cocoon and "raccoon" for containing "coon", and the fact that white moves first in chess. Entry music: "Fight the Power" by Public Enemy (season 1 & 2), "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash (season 3).

Now its a documentary

Are you saying that current movements like BLM are equivalent to what you mention above, and the people involved are pretending to be offended by racism or exaggerating the scale of the issue? 

I really hope that’s not what you’re going for here, as the last time you went on a racist tirade of posts it started out with something similar to the above.

Are you saying that current movements like BLM are equivalent to what you mention above, and the people involved are pretending to be offended by racism or exaggerating the scale of the issue? 
I really hope that’s not what you’re going for here, as the last time you went on a racist tirade of posts it started out with something similar to the above.
BLM is totally different and nothing like people being offended by uncle bens or coco pops. Stop stiring up shite.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
43 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

BLM is totally different and nothing like people being offended by uncle bens or coco pops. Stop stiring up shite.

I’m not sure who you are talking about that is supposedly offended by Coco Pops?

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Now its a documentary

Can you give some examples of these unreasonable positions, other than Uncle Ben's? And is it really so sad that company changed their logo? Or is this more of you making wildly broad generalisations?

Eta I just see you've provided the damning evidence of a single person 6 months ago having a problem with kelloggs

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan