A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

On 04/11/2023 at 22:31, AGPar said:

footage.sales@stv.tv

The above email address worked well for me, albeit about 6 years ago so no idea of the current situation or if their service has changed.

I asked them if they would sell footage direct to me for a private collection only, they said they would (albeit not cheap) so I sent them a list of matches and they came back telling me what they did and did not have available They put the matches that were only the 2/3 minutes Scotsport highlights onto the same disc and I also got a couple of full programmes. Very helpful.

Never come across any such service offered by BBC Scotland unfortunately, frustrating as there are a couple of matches I would love to see again that I know they covered at the time.

On that note, if anyone at all has or knows someone who has full highlights of the following game:

https://archive.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Dunfermline_1_Airdrieonians_1&ID=11843

Would they let me know.

Any " extended " highlights of Scotland 1 Italy 0 1965

including Baxter nutmegging Rivera ?

22 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I recall TSB as the main advert, but it changed quite frequently over the years.

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Harp lager?

7 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Possibly.

Certainly Belhaven Beers.  Was there not another bank as well - maybe Midland?

7 hours ago, Eednud said:

Skol Lager in the mid/late 60’s and think in both corners for a while.

Mace? *

*It was a supermarket in those days kids, not an anti-attack sprsy.

9 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Any " extended " highlights of Scotland 1 Italy 0 1965

including Baxter nutmegging Rivera ?

That’s the first time I remember celebrating a Scotland goal. Listening to the match on the radio with my dad in our living room on Deeside, when John Greig stuck in his last minute winner. Our small school was then allowed to watch the return in Italy in batches throughout the match. My batch managed to be out of the TV room for all three goals.

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

That’s the first time I remember celebrating a Scotland goal. Listening to the match on the radio with my dad in our living room on Deeside, when John Greig stuck in his last minute winner. Our small school was then allowed to watch the return in Italy in batches throughout the match. My batch managed to be out of the TV room for all three goals.

In batches. Brilliant !

Regarding the corner terracing adverts at Tannadice it would make a great retro picture or t-shirt to see them all side by side in chronological order. 
I had hoped a Dundee United fan might have posted images of those somewhere online. 
They were quite unique in my experience as a young supporter watching some great teams of the 70s and 80s. Both in person and on TV. 
I always thought it was a shame that United gave up The Shed. Same at Tynecastle with the redevelopment. 

15 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

50yrs ago:

Wednesday 14th November 1973
SFA Centenary
Scotland 1-1 West Germany
Holton                    Hoeness
(58,235)

1973_schottland-deutschland.jpg

73%252520x%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

731.jpg

image.png.451517fc897f1c79d011fa818bad9984.png

image.thumb.png.84adc8c11d86d014eb17a43191dbd4ec.png
          image.thumb.png.c14ef7cf137b1ac29932370d51db8c3f.png

Goals:

Full Match:

Player analysis:

Love the story in the column next to the report about Montrose being included in the first round of the cup by mistake. Football authorities have always been a bit crap but that is an astonishing mistake.

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Love the story in the column next to the report about Montrose being included in the first round of the cup by mistake. Football authorities have always been a bit crap but that is an astonishing mistake.

All these Forfarshire teams looks the same to me...

'Three Day Week' also approaching hence article above about floodlit games being banned.

Hibs were also strangely preoccupied:

1973110702.jpg

image.thumb.png.64d9f85a188cb04980014b2eae272f58.png

1973110901.jpg

1973110902.jpg

1973110903.jpg

image.png.c667763f9cb1edf1d3399266d266e1a3.png

1973111601.jpg

1973111602.jpg

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

All these Forfarshire teams looks the same to me...

'Three Day Week' also approaching hence article above about floodlit games being banned.

Hibs were also strangely preoccupied:

1973110702.jpg

image.thumb.png.64d9f85a188cb04980014b2eae272f58.png

1973110901.jpg

1973110902.jpg

1973110903.jpg

image.png.c667763f9cb1edf1d3399266d266e1a3.png

1973111601.jpg

1973111602.jpg

Yet again Celtic copying other clubs but claiming they were the first

Pub league style protest after euro defeat.(Hibs)

Ynwa (Liverpool)

The huddle (loads of clubs)

The Poznan(loads of clubs)

I suppose it's only fair that I mention the European cup, well done Celtic.

3 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Was about to post on that.....another article referring to the Governments ban on floodlighting (assuming during three day week?) another on Fabio Capello scoring the only goal v England (who he would later manage)  When newspapers were worth reading - now its all VAR and what some anonymous punter on Twitter thought of a dodgy handball in the box.