A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

18 hours ago, ah-dee said:
22 hours ago, jupe1407 said:
Is that Broomfield?

cant be as they are not shivering uncontrollably. getting changed for a game, beside the pitch at Broomfield, in the midst of winter was one of the most gruelling experiences ive ever had

Why were you getting changed outside?

back then we would all meet before our youth games and get changed in the cars or beside them. there was no changing rooms down at Broomfield apart from roseleas. years later they put portacabins there.

4 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

back then we would all meet before our youth games and get changed in the cars or beside them. there was no changing rooms down at Broomfield apart from roseleas. years later they put portacabins there.

We're at crossed purposes, I think you're talking about Montrose Broomfield rather than Airdrie, which I believe the joke was about.

10 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
We're at crossed purposes, I think you're talking about Montrose Broomfield rather than Airdrie, which I believe the joke was about.

i was wondering if that was the case. i will wrap it now!

Unless Montrose Roselea are alleged Nazi sympathisers as well.

Why was there a pillbox in Elgin's ground? Did they expect the Nazis to land on the beach and then progress in to the town centre but be ambushed at Borough Briggs?

At least the pillboxes on the beach in Aberdeen make sense!

Edited by DA Baracus

7 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Team mates at club level, Ally McCoist and Terry Butcher in action in a goalless draw at Hampden in 1987.

IMG_20181230_171419.jpg

Just did a wee bit of research, it was the first time a 3rd team had been invited to partake in the  Rous Cup, 64k watched that game and Brazil won the tournie beating us 2-0 at Hampden a few day later in front of 41k.   Had totally forgotten about that.

Incidentally Brazil had earlier drew one one with Ingerland.

5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Just did a wee bit of research, it was the first time a 3rd team had been invited to partake in the  Rous Cup, 64k watched that game and Brazil won the tournie beating us 2-0 at Hampden a few day later in front of 41k.   Had totally forgotten about that.

Incidentally Brazil had earlier drew one one with Ingerland.

For some bizarre reason Colombia, them Chile were the 'guest' participants the next two years before the Rous Cup was scrapped along with the annual Scotland v England fixture in 1989 after heavy rioting by English right wing nutjobs in Glasgow and dwindling attendances, I vaguely recall Scotland drawing 0-0 with Chile in front of less than 10,000 fans at Hampden  in its final year.

31 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Team mates at club level, Ally McCoist and Terry Butcher in action in a goalless draw at Hampden in 1987.

IMG_20181230_171419.jpg

My first Scotland game that one.  Charlie Nicholas missed a genuine open goal, smacking it off the crossbar.  

My old dad got a hole in one on the same day, but I think that's possibly not relevant.

32 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

For some bizarre reason Colombia, them Chile were the 'guest' participants the next two years before the Rous Cup was scrapped along with the annual Scotland v England fixture in 1989 after heavy rioting by English right wing nutjobs in Glasgow and dwindling attendances, I vaguely recall Scotland drawing 0-0 with Chile in front of less than 10,000 fans at Hampden  in its final year.

Scotland won 2-0 against Chile.