A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

2 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

I've never been to Wales. Been to Tennessee, Ireland, all over Europe. Never Wales.

Seeing that photo of Terry Yorath has made me even less inclined to go. Also, the beer gives you the boak, so I've heard.

https://www.tinyrebel.co.uk

It has even more alternatives now. It's not among the places I grumble about getting sent to work.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Why didn't your Dad do it himself?

I'll give you an alternative view to @The Mantis.

I tried Brains about that time and near boaked. I returned to Cardiff about 40 years later, having switched from lager to beer about 5 years before. I thought Brains would be worth re-visiting, so I did and near boaked again. They have widened their range though and you can get others that are better than the traditional Brains SA.

This thread corrected a misconception I had. I've a been to Cardiff and Swansea for Scotland games and thought I'd been to Wrexham. The game I was thinking of was the one Alan Brazil scored, turns out that was Cardiff as well.

Which underlines the fact that other types of beer than Brains were available.

When did we play at Swansea?

I remember Wrexham and Cardiff getting used for internationals, but didn't know they used the old Vetchfield.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yet another match I can't recall, but should be able to. Rough predictably at fault for both goals.

You were probably there.

I bought the Scotland shirt that week. We left from the pub in Friday and drive through the night to Swansea. I was mortal and offered to swap shirts with a Welsh supporter about half an hour after we arrived. I didn't notice it was about 5 sizes too we until we got back on Sunday morning.

I wasn't as bad as my mate who got hospitalised and arrested for being drunk and incapable. He'd fallen in to a big puddle, was briefly unconscious and nearly drowned in about 4 inches of water. They wouldn't let him plead by letter and had to go all the way back to Swansea a week later to confirm his name and plead guilty.

11 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Wembley 1951
3-2 to the Scotland
Were you at the game?

You were right about the commentary. I had never see this before but that head injury shows how "tame" the modern game has become-probably rightly but men were men then! Interesting to see all those long post war coats in the April sunshine.  What a treat to be introduced to George Young for the minor royal.  In some ways much better camera work than that of Scotsport in the early 60s.

10 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Why didn't your Dad do it himself?

I'll give you an alternative view to @The Mantis.

I tried Brains about that time and near boaked. I returned to Cardiff about 40 years later, having switched from lager to beer about 5 years before. I thought Brains would be worth re-visiting, so I did and near boaked again. They have widened their range though and you can get others that are better than the traditional Brains SA.

This thread corrected a misconception I had. I've a been to Cardiff and Swansea for Scotland games and thought I'd been to Wrexham. The game I was thinking of was the one Alan Brazil scored, turns out that was Cardiff as well.

Which underlines the fact that other types of beer than Brains were available.

You get great bottles of Brains Dark Ale in Tesco’s, not too strong and delicious.

On 02/02/2021 at 17:20, Monkey Tennis said:

Was it?

I was at that game, but genuinely can't remember.  

Definitely.  Me and the old boy decided to go at the last minute. Massive queues for the Hibs sections as a result and missed kick off.  

Remember it like it was yesterday.  That's what happens when cups come around like, well, Hibs cup wins.

3 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

Definitely.  Me and the old boy decided to go at the last minute. Massive queues for the Hibs sections as a result and missed kick off.  

Remember it like it was yesterday.  That's what happens when cups come around like, well, Hibs cup wins.

I'm sure the turnstiles were closed before kick off meaning a lot of Hibs fans went into the Dunfermline end. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley