A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

11 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Is that the night Dean's boomed his penalty into orbit and is still in space. Inter won the penalty shoot out?

Ye, also same night as rangers v Bayern in Cup winners cup semi. Think there was over 75,000 at Celtic park and over 80,000 at ibrox that night.  

Edited by Drew Brees

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Duncan's sister was as big a ned as he was apparently and my sister thumped her once in Stirling train station for annoying her.

She was a prison warder at the Cornton Vale, mate of mine dipped her once and confirmed she was an absolute fucking radge to use a Stirling term.

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

When was the main stand built?

More or less totally rebuilt in 1970 according to my dad, new roof which you see there and the original stand was stripped right back and absolutely gutted bar the steelworks I believe.

She was a prison warder at the Cornton Vale, mate of mine dipped her once and confirmed she was an absolute fucking radge to use a Stirling term.

C’mon tae f**k. It’s P&B you know the score.......pics or.......

26 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

C’mon tae f**k. It’s P&B you know the score.......pics or.......

Funnily enough I don't have a picture of her but she looks a bit like journalist and former editor of scum newspaper The Sun, Rebekah Brooks.

23072112-0-image-a-8_1578342559444.jpg

I have a feeling this picture has been posted before but can’t be arsed checking, It’s from the Tele’s Blether with Brown item about future Dundee signing Alex Harley. It from a  Third Lanark v Dundee game at Cathkin Park in either 1960/61 or 1961/62. 

Dundee FC fans, do you remember Alex Harley signing for the club?

He joined in November 1964 from Birmingham City.

It seemed to be a great signing by Bob Shankly as Harley – who Shankly originally signed when boss of Third Lanark – had a glowing reputation as a goalscorer.

He was top scorer in Scotland in the 1960-61 season with 45 goals for Third Lanark.

Dundee's Ian Ure (left) and Alex Harley, in his Third Lanark days.© SNS Group 0141 21 3

An £18,000 fee then took him to Manchester City and, in his first season at Maine Road, he netted 32 times.

His stock soared so much that Birmingham shelled out £41,000 for the centre-forward, but his goals dried up.

At Dundee, he lasted just around nine months with a meagre four-goal return from 10 games, and he left to join Irish side Portadown.

Sadly, he died just a few years later, aged 33.

147C2075-4DFF-4F9E-B2F9-5B421C168777.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Was that one of the Xmas Day games? IIRC TL and Dundee developed a tradition of playing at Cathkin on Xmas Day for several seasons.

No but I think the Christmas Day games were mainly pre WW1.