Kitchen Gadgets

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I am a knife snob. They are by far the most important tool in any kitchen and if you have shite knives I would assume you are a shite cook. 

The chopping board thread outed a few, as ownership of a glass one identifies someone who simple doesnt understand. 

Could not agree more.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I am a knife snob. They are by far the most important tool in any kitchen and if you have shite knives I would assume you are a shite cook. 

The chopping board thread outed a few, as ownership of a glass one identifies someone who simple doesnt understand. 

This. Not long after Mrs Shotgun and I first met, I spent an afternoon sitting outside sharpening her kitchen knives (I find it quite meditative.) It was a revelation to her because until that point, I don't think she'd realised that chopping food wasn't meant to be hard work.

Plus, with the addition of a good bone saw, it makes disposal of the bodies a cinch.

ETA: And I once had the displeasure of using a glass chopping board at a mate's house. Each chop was like biting down on tinfoil.

Edited by Shotgun

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Agreed!  

The missus bought me a Japanese style whetstone (plus a sharpening course) for Christmas this year and it's made such a difference compared to my old honing/sharpening metheod. 

7 hours ago, Shotgun said:

This. Not long after Mrs Shotgun and I first met, I spent an afternoon sitting outside sharpening her kitchen knives (I find it quite meditative.) It was a revelation to her because until that point, I don't think she'd realised that chopping food wasn't meant to be hard work.

Plus, with the addition of a good bone saw, it makes disposal of the bodies a cinch.

ETA: And I once had the displeasure of using a glass chopping board at a mate's house. Each chop was like biting down on tinfoil.

It's lovely when someone you've just met starts sharpening knives.

I was once working in an empty house that was being done up. Underneath a kitchen unit I found a brand new japanese meat cleaver that was still in its packaging. It was as sharp as a stanley knife, and could cut a tomato wafer thin. I used it constantly in the kitchen until my son in law decided to try and cut a coconut with it! Dafty!

• 2 years later...

Air fryer for me. Got it in Lidl just after Xmas and since lockdown I've been using it 3 or 4 times a week. Keep the freezer well stocked with breaded fish, chicken goujons etc and when I can't be arsed cooking something proper - lunchtime pretty much every day - 15 mins and they're done. Tried making a few things which have been less successful; haven't quite mastered the batter/oil combination. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I can’t compromise on any sip of my Coffee, whatever the time is, I just want to sip it up with the perfect temperature till the maximum end.I can’t compromise on any sip of my Coffee, whatever the time is, I just want to sip it up with the perfect temperature till the maximum end. to make a coffee some gadgets are use in kitch like Coffee mug, Bowl shuger etc.. if you get kichen gadget like Mugs, Glass, Cups etc so visit this website...

3 minutes ago, Mugsmaster said:

I can’t compromise on any sip of my Coffee, whatever the time is, I just want to sip it up with the perfect temperature till the maximum end.I can’t compromise on any sip of my Coffee, whatever the time is, I just want to sip it up with the perfect temperature till the maximum end. to make a coffee some gadgets are use in kitch like Coffee mug, Bowl shuger etc.. if you get kichen gadget like Mugs, Glass, Cups etc so visit this website...

We're so alike.