What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

15 minutes ago, ONeils40yarder said:

Hamilton are the Kings of Tinpot

Indeed.  Not sure if it's been mentioned previously in the thread, but Accies' official Twitter account firing out tweets about how shite they've been in the Scottish Cup over the years was textbook stuff from that amateur outfit.

1 minute ago, Desp said:

Indeed.  Not sure if it's been mentioned previously in the thread, but Accies' official Twitter account firing out tweets about how shite they've been in the Scottish Cup over the years was textbook stuff from that amateur outfit.

hahaha, that was funny.

Their attempt to get our game on at Christmas was beyond tinpot.

First division,relegation threatened Falkirk v Everton reserves at Brockville in a midweek game to mark Falkirk's 125th year in existence on a miserable night during a terrible season.

The PA played the Champions League music as the teams ran out.  

Edited by Swordfishtrombone

Went to see the Brechin v Cowdenbeath play off final, second leg at the Glebe many years ago now - was a Sunday game live on Alba - and as the teams ran out, the PA Guy tried to whip the crowd up by doing some spiel which ended up with "... And it's live!" in a Martin Tyler style. Bizarre. Although I do love a visit to the hedge.

5a7b6b6a5ceab_bqcup.jpg.b29899ca51ebf91cd27e1df6da1777c7.jpg

shortly after Accies won the B&Q cup they took it down to the local paper shop and got 10p off a celebratory bottle of ginger in exchange. 

After 2 reddies: ETA: FFS, I was referring to the fact that the B&Q cup was a bit tinpot , being a cheapie looking glass thing and not a nice shiny metal cup. Indeed the Accies fanzine at the time referred to it as "The Bottle". Accies are not in the least bit tinpot.. 

Edited by tamthebam

Sevco having to resort to Close Brothers (Vulture Lenders) for a 3 million quid facility which will cost them a pretty penny. Apparently this is secured on Edmiston House and the mythical, mystical , legendary Albion Car Park. ????
And all because His Glibness flat refuses to put his hand in his poakit.
Presumably Park and Johnston tapped out as well.............
Tick, tick..........................[emoji352]

16 hours ago, Desp said:

In so many ways.

Quite literally having different suppliers for different parts of their kit for a while there was pretty funny.  Okay, so in the long run it's not that important, but it really did give the impression of tinpottedness.  

54 minutes ago, Swello said:

I need the details of this for possible sarcastic use in future match threads.

2015/2016 (I think).  They had Adidas shorts and socks, but the shirt was made by somebody else.  The season before that, if I recall accurately, they had Nike shorts and socks, along with the shirt being made by some company or another.   I have no idea why this was the case.    Probably because their suppliers were a bunch of charlatans, I would imagine.

Edited by Savage Henry

Perhaps they couldn't find a supplier willing to lower themselves to the point of producing an Accies kit, so had to get different bits and pieces. Kind of like terrorists buying individual bomb components from different sources so nobody notices the threat.