What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:
3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
A team having another teams club shop at their own stadium is probably unusual. Can't believe the St Mirren fans were ok with it. 

CI0nDbKWsAAwKlL.thumb.jpg.5fa0ea4894a68ee0bfcd504426f148e2.jpg

I think you'll find all of us were pretty fucking far from ok with it.

I assumed at the time it was a photoshop job and skipped the story over.

What's the story behind that?  

ETA: it's the hands down winner on face value.

Edited by Savage Henry

The old BOD took £50k from the green cheek for them to rent out SMP in the pre-season of 2015/16 (IIRC  the Celtic Park   pitch was being resurfaced)

They played against some Dutch mob and Real Sociedad.

The old board were really past giving a fuck about the club by that stage and £50k with the consequence of us becoming a laughing stock (due to the club shop rebranding) was of no consequence to them.

The old BOD took £50k from the green cheek for them to rent out SMP in the pre-season of 2015/16 (IIRC  the Celtic Park   pitch was being resurfaced)
The old board were really past giving a f**k about the club by that stage and £50k with the consequence of us becoming a laughing stock (due to the club shop rebranding) was of no consequence to them.

Shocking.

48 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

The old board were really past giving a f**k about the club by that stage and £50k with the consequence of us becoming a laughing stock (due to the club shop rebranding) was of no consequence to them.

They could have done the same - which is by and large, fair enough, without the need of the big f**k off branding.

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A team having another teams club shop at their own stadium is probably unusual. Can't believe the St Mirren fans were ok with it. 

CI0nDbKWsAAwKlL.jpg

Probably stocked to the rafters with half and half scarves with 1985/86 emblazoned on them...

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/supporters-furious-celtic-fc-branding-5986748

Here is an article on it, some P & B ers may have even been quoted !  

The St Mirren - Celtic Club Shop thing brought to mind Michael Johnson the ex-killie chairman for some reason, because I'm sure he was widely derided on here for being quite brazen with sooking the Celtic/Rangers boaby; a quick search of Michael Johnson brought up this thread on P&B :

In full disclosure I can't really say how much of that is true, but abstaining in the big vote was pretty tin-pot. I'm sure that the Rangers title winning game mentioned in there got a fair bit of press even among the MSM for being an absolute disaster, too.

On 11/02/2018 at 10:28, Grangemouth Bairn said:

CI0nDbKWsAAwKlL.jpg

I tried to imagine that happening at Fir Park under any circumstances and the seethe got too much....

48 minutes ago, Swello said:

I tried to imagine that happening at Fir Park under any circumstances and the seethe got too much....

I vaguely remember John Boyle claiming that one of the first things he did when he took over at Motherwell was stopping the Celtic Supporters’ bus using the Fir Park car park as its meeting place.

17 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

I vaguely remember John Boyle claiming that one of the first things he did when he took over at Motherwell was stopping the Celtic Supporters’ bus using the Fir Park car park as its meeting place.

Maybe true although I don't remember that - but he was desperate to allow Celtic fans to have the Cooper Stand at Fir Park and sent out a consultation to Cooper Season Ticket holders asking them to "vote" on it as he felt it would be worth 6 figures to the club. When - as anyone that understands a west of scotland diddy club support would expect - a resounding "no" came back - he did it anyway. Tinpot.

Edited by Swello

CI0nDbKWsAAwKlL.thumb.jpg.5fa0ea4894a68ee0bfcd504426f148e2.jpg

It's an undoubted thread winner. It's hard to imagine a situation where that would ever be possible anywhere else.

Absolutely tinpot, absolute minter and utterly shameful.

24 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think Barnet used to sell Arsenal gear, not sure if they still do.

Did they re-brand their stadium?

Also, it's not even remotely close to 2 teams that have/could be competing at the same level.