What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

12 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A championship bound club like Southampton taking Celtic’s best player.

Jota or McGregor going to Southampton??

But in all seriousness, Celtic potentially getting decent money for a very replaceable player is the opposite of tin pot.

13 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

A championship bound club like Southampton taking Celtic’s best player.

Unless I’m missing something is money worth more depending on the club that’s making the bid?

Im not really understanding your point here 

1 hour ago, lennyzer0 said:

Not the SPFL, but sufficiently uber-tinpot that it surely needs a mention...

I'm not a fan of protests outside stadiums but this needs one.

On 07/01/2023 at 14:54, Comrie said:

Accies signing a player on loan and no bothering to even announce him on Twitter. Stoke have so I guess they canna be arsed?

Surely you can see the fairly obvious benefit of not announcing a signing in advance of a game? Didn't County basically announce Jordan Slew in the exact same way back in 2014?

Edited by craigkillie

30 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

I think yon Macclesfield story is gold-plated tinpot (if you know what I mean) but what do you expect from a club that appear to play at the tinpotty-sounding 'Leasing.com Stadium'?

Their whole story is pretty weird

"Macclesfield Town" went bust and "Macclesfield FC" is the phoenix/newco club which started in the "North West Counties Football League Premier Division" last season and are now in Division One West, still four promotions away from the Football League. They're pulling in attendances similar to a Partick Thistle or Livingston in a league where normal teams are more like Elgin City and are unsurprisingly comfortable clear at the top of the table.

13 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Their whole story is pretty weird

"Macclesfield Town" went bust and "Macclesfield FC" is the phoenix/newco club which started in the "North West Counties Football League Premier Division" last season and are now in Division One West, still four promotions away from the Football League. They're pulling in attendances similar to a Partick Thistle or Livingston in a league where normal teams are more like Elgin City and are unsurprisingly comfortable clear at the top of the table.

I notice Macclesfield FC don’t appear to be claiming to be the same club…

However, Robbie Savage is their director of football so I hope they miss out on promotion in an agonising and hilarious manner.

58 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

However, Robbie Savage is their director of football so I hope they miss out on promotion in an agonising and hilarious manner.

apart from using almost the same badge as Macclesfied Town with their founding year on it 

58 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Would like to see some Hibs players go on Love Island if it mean’t we don’t see them playing for the club again. 

Maybe we can just send them to Cramond Island in some freezing cold Scottish version of Lord of the Flies ? 

Pity the goal virgin Doidge is still with Killie as he would win by just eating the grass and heather.

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

I spotted that but chose to leave that thread for others to pull on   

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

Good point well made.

If a player goes to Robbie Savage and says "I know this might be to the detriment of the team but it is a great opportunity to boost my media profile by being a narcissistic self-publicising arsehole on telly, what do you suggest I do?" then the conversation can only go one way