What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

In fairness, it is kind of light hearted.  I quite liked the visual joke of thousands of 'owners' crammed into the boardroom.

If it's a serious appeal for investment, however, it doesn't look like one.

If it's really been made in the hope of attracting something like Wrexham have, they should be ashamed of prostituting themselves in such a way.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Should really close this thread, Motherwell cannot be beaten.

St Mirren fans agree. It’s definitely time this thread shut up shop. 😎

Edited by pozbaird

15 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

I read all the negative reaction before watching the Motherwell video. Having watched it I really don't think its that bad in all honesty. What do folk find so objectionable about it?

It's not terrible, but I think the message is a little lost with the humour regarding attracting the rich American celebrity, which seems to come off as "we are joking here, but maybe we're not joking if a rich American celebrity actually did want to get involved".

I think it would've been a more professional message if they just cut out the gags and focused on the community work/fan ownership angle.

While humour was no doubt the angle, I think there is an undertone of getting the begging bowls out.

Edited by AJF

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's not terrible, but I think the message is a little lost with the humour regarding attracting the rich American celebrity, which seems to come off as "we are joking here, but maybe we're not joking if a rich American celebrity actually did want to get involved".

I think it would've been a more professional message if they just cut out the gags and focused on the community work/fan ownership angle.

While humour was no doubt the angle, I think there is an undertone of getting the begging bowls out.

One would imagine that most domestic audiences would actually get the layer of irony, although of course a rich American celebrity might not

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

I don’t think the Motherwell video is particularly cringeworthy, obviously the humour angle is deliberate. I don’t get who the target market for it really is though. If they are looking for more ordinary punters to get on board with the existing 3,000 plus ‘fan owners’, then that video is not aimed at that market. If it genuinely IS an attempt to attract a ‘Wrexham’ style big name investment, then that’s a weird route for a ‘fan owned’ club to go down IMHO. Anyone with big enough pockets and a big enough profile/ego to buy into Motherwell in a meaningful way would most likely want to take those fans who were jokingly locked in the boardroom, and genuinely lock them away. Motherwell surely haven’t genuinely aimed this video at some sort of ‘Hollywood’ glamour investor, have they? Nah. Can’t be. If Wrexham did that video, it would have ended by showing their ceiling - Wrexham’s path to the English Premier League in a Luton Town fashion. Motherwell’s video doesn’t show their ceiling to any big glamour investors, that ceiling being regular pumpings by sectarian-fuelled big ugly bigots, floating around mid-table, and not really being any better or worse than another six or seven league rivals. Not Taylor Swift’s bag in my opinion.

Nice wee tongue-in-cheek video IMHO, but I fail to see the real point, or real target. 

Edited by pozbaird

28 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

Mocked by Crichton. Michty me.

IMG_7918.jpeg

Chrichton to camera… ‘Someone check all the silverware is still there after we let this mob out, OK’.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

St Mirren fans agree. It’s definitely time this thread shut up shop. 😎

Speaking of shops and tinpot...

Spoiler

SAINTS-CELTIC.jpg.0ff5661ad27ff0334385061a0559fb37.jpg

Spoiler

I'm sure nobody has seen this one before.

Not to my taste but it isn’t really that bad. Serious and positive message built within some pretty shit humour. 

Quite obvious what the message is that they’re putting out there really, the cringe has got people talking about it. Certainly does not win this thread. 

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

Mocked by Crichton. Michty me.

IMG_7918.jpeg

That looks like a still from a George A Romero zombie movie. 

Saudi billionaires: Take over the Well and ban Tam Cowan from the ground. Just for a laugh.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If it's a serious appeal for investment, however, it doesn't look like one.

If it's really been made in the hope of attracting something like Wrexham have, they should be ashamed of prostituting themselves in such a way.

It is serious though. That's my issue with it. 

Motherwell aren't in the comedy sketch business. It isn't an Only an Excuse audition. 

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If that's what football clubs are going to get up to with their spare time in January then maybe the league needs to rethink the whole winter break thing

I'm sure theres a Winter Break thread, iirc it was started by a particularly suave and intellectual poster...............

If a club is going to do a humorous video, it has to be cutting edge. If they aren't going to produce something with multiple overlaying story arcs that will have you creased laughing but also pulls at the heartstrings then they shouldn't bother. If Motherwell could just produce something like The (UK) Office or Peep Show then they wouldn't get so much criticism.