What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

4 hours ago, A Diamond For Me said:

And oystercatchers are associated with Brigit in Gaelic folklore.  Gaelic for oystercatcher is gille-Brìde (servant of Brigit). 

Every day is a school day.

Gaelic animal names are consistently top-drawer: fierce stags, forest horses, jumpers, sea pigs, servants of Brigit...

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Food on sale in general concourses at every large sporting event I’ve ever been to is overpriced and never that great. Could say the same for the stuff they sell at big concerts too. I’m now trying hard to think of anything I may have had at any stadium that was really good, and I’m struggling. Closest to being any good were the BBQ chicken strips in MetLife Stadium, New York. It must be the same the world over. Worst thing I’ve ever tasted in a stadium was, without doubt, the coffee I had on a cold day at Hamilton’s New Douglas Park. I say coffee, but I’m pretty sure you can buy the same stuff in B&Q, but it’s for killing slugs.

Some of the Pie Sports specials have been good such as the deep fill curry and salt n pepper chicken pies.

Overpriced at £4.50 mind.

50 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Gaelic animal names are consistently top-drawer: fierce stags, forest horses, jumpers, sea pigs, servants of Brigit...

My favourite is the hedgehog, gràineag.  It certainly looks like gràin (hatred, abhorrence), plus the diminutive suffix, so something like "wee detesty", "hateful wee thing", which seems a bit strong for the cute wee beastie.  MacBain's etymological dictionary says that is indeed the derivation, but that book is quite out of date and not always very reliable. 

53 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm sure this was posted at the time, but I've only just read the BBC's article on tinpottery and laughed immensely at this Thistle player "enjoying" his Man of the Match award. :lol:

image.png.af17383e5247c12c2d510b816593ad00.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68006183

Pizza Express's second biggest chuckle moment. 

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I'm sure this was posted at the time, but I've only just read the BBC's article on tinpottery and laughed immensely at this Thistle player "enjoying" his Man of the Match award. :lol:

image.png.af17383e5247c12c2d510b816593ad00.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68006183

That wasn't so much tinpot as absolutely toe curlingly embarrassing and took us into bringing the game into disrepute territory. 

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

That wasn't so much tinpot as absolutely toe curlingly embarrassing and took us into bringing the game into disrepute territory. 

You got there eventually though.

OIP (18).jpeg

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

6 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Why hasn't the doctored version of that picture been posted yet? 

Come on P&B, standards are slipping. 

Seeing as no-one else has bothered yet...

sammonpizza.jpg

On 12/05/2024 at 14:56, Doctor Sanchez said:

Kilmarnock singing Rangers songs with Billy changed to Killy is cringe as f**k. 

The tin pottery comes from their consistent defence of it.

They've done it since at least the 1980s- Meadowbank fans used to chant "sing your own songs" at them (and other teams' fans)

On 10/05/2024 at 11:04, A Diamond For Me said:

And oystercatchers are associated with Brigit in Gaelic folklore.  Gaelic for oystercatcher is gille-Brìde (servant of Brigit). 

Every day is a school day.

East Kilbride are Brigits.

Celtic and (the) Rangers are bigots. 

Thank you