What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

49 minutes ago, Pizzo said:

Killie used to play the hokey cokey over the PA when celtic were doing the huddle. 

Back in the days when clubs could have a bit of cheap fun.

Years back we used to play Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves by Cher before and/or at halftime when they were in town.

Can only imagine nobody picked up on it otherwise I'm sure we'd have heard about it.

On 08/10/2024 at 16:48, Judy Murray said:

They copied it from Man City who copied it from poznan. It’s the worst thing ever. “Not just a club” levels of revisionist unimaginative shite that those professional victims lap up

It's mainly because the majority are thick.

10 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I started watching football in 1994-95. 

Genuinely thought the huddle was something Celtic have been doing since long before I was born.

Stole the Irishness from Hibs and the huddle from St Mirren. Joke club.

You missed joke fans.

3 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

Years back we used to play Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves by Cher before and/or at halftime when they were in town.

Can only imagine nobody picked up on it otherwise I'm sure we'd have heard about it.

Didn't we also have a team at one point in late 90's-early 2000's gather round in a group on the pitch and call it The Cuddle?

13 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

......YNWA from Liverpool, 'more than just a club' from Barcelona.....the list goes on. I'm sure there must have be an original thought from Celtic directors, players and supporters since 1888 but, other than fetishising secterian emnity for material gain, I can't think of any.

Did they invent the biscuit tin?

14 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

......YNWA from Liverpool, 'more than just a club' from Barcelona.....the list goes on. I'm sure there must have be an original thought from Celtic directors, players and supporters since 1888 but, other than fetishising secterian emnity for material gain, I can't think of any.

Surely the first club in history to have to remind their supporters to wash?

True pioneers.

4 hours ago, Pizzo said:

I'm sure it'll have been mentioned already but stadium "disco lights" are the height of tin pottery.

Just because you can.........doesn't mean you should.

Strong agree.

Theyve done it recently at hampden. My dad has epilepsy so hardly a family favourite.

The type of shite someone who has never sat in a stand classes as atmosphere.

11 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Didn't we also have a team at one point in late 90's-early 2000's gather round in a group on the pitch and call it The Cuddle?

You’d probably have more luck asking that on our thread.

i do recall Flow telling me we went with “I just can’t get enough” when we scored for a season before they adopted it, but it never stuck.

I can’t believe the Celtic “huddle” has led to so much discussion nor can I believe that it winds people up. 

I still feel a wee bit cringey when our fans boo it because after all these years I cant really care about it. I did used to boo the hell out of it when I was younger right enough.