What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

On 03/04/2022 at 21:03, Clown Job said:

It’s pretty wild how desperate they are to cling onto that “old firm” tag 

Seems to really annoy the likes of Tom English also when it’s not being used strangely enough. 

Also wild how desperate some Celtic fans are to get rid of the old firm tag.

I know most are just on the wind up but watching Hartson go round in circles the other day explaining about how he says Celtic-Rangers rather than the Old Firm now because "he is Celtic" is almost as mental as anything Rangers do clinging onto the old firm thing.

I have ex workmate Celtic fans that accuse me of bias because I use the description "Rangers and Celtic" instead of "Celtic and Rangers". As they don't like "The Old Firm" either I try and keep a running balance of both terms in their company to ensure a roughly 50-50 split for the sake of harmony.

They'll happily patronise me about my club however, many times.

Luckily as I'm no longer in Glasgow I only see them for a beer about once a year these days. It would be too tiring otherwise.

22 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I know most are just on the wind up but watching Hartson go round in circles the other day explaining about how he says Celtic-Rangers rather than the Old Firm now because "he is Celtic" is almost as mental as anything Rangers do clinging onto the old firm thing.

Celtic quietly stopped using the phrase about a decade ago, and it’s cause heads to explode 

It’s pretty funny. 

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Celtic quietly stopped using the phrase about a decade ago, and it’s cause heads to explode 

It’s pretty funny. 

Dont get me wrong, the wind up is funny and clearly working.

But I have Celtic supporting mates and clowns like Hartson are serious in their "no such thing as the old firm" stance which is just weird.

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Which in hindsight was a good thing

See them pulling out of Ange’s homecoming tour because they couldn’t use it 

This. I was sceptical at the time when they renewed it but ultimately it has caused the orc board to have the most bizarre of meltdowns and also now miss out on millions.

13 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Dont get me wrong, the wind up is funny and clearly working.

But I have Celtic supporting mates and clowns like Hartson are serious in their "no such thing as the old firm" stance which is just weird.

You’ll always get people who take some things too seriously 

I just hope Celtic keep doing what they’re doing, or not doing in this case

If they start plastering the stadium with “Glasgow Derby” everywhere, handing out flags, I’d be cringing at that mind you. 

Id genuinely surprised at how seething this has gotten them, over something that really isn’t a big deal

Similar with Tom English for reasons I can’t explain 

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Aren't they named as co-owners?

Yes but unless either are using it themselves it needs the permission of both to use it for promotional purposes for another party. We obviously said no in regards to the Australian tour which is why this meltdown ensued. 

Edited by gannonball

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Aren't they named as co-owners?

Aye I believe so

Im far from an expect but what I’ve heard is so other people can’t profile it off the phrase. 

Im assuming it’s similar to the Cleveland Indians in baseball dropping Chief Wahoo mascot, but they’re still keeping the trademark and rights to it to stop people profiting from unauthorised merchandise 

48 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I have ex workmate Celtic fans that accuse me of bias because I use the description "Rangers and Celtic" instead of "Celtic and Rangers". As they don't like "The Old Firm" either I try and keep a running balance of both terms in their company to ensure a roughly 50-50 split for the sake of harmony.

Luckily as I'm no longer in Glasgow I only see them for a beer about once a year these days. It would be too tiring otherwise.

Shitebag 

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

I thought Hartson had been a Swansea fan all his life ?

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

This whole pretending Celtic are playing a blinder over the old firm thing is cringey as f**k.

I don’t think anyone is saying we are playing a ‘blinder’. Celtic are within their rights to refuse the use of it and Rangers have inexplicably lost their shit over it to levels I don’t anyone could predict. It’s more self destruct than anything else by their board. 

8 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

My dad claimed my friend from Belfast with an Irish name, who worked at an Irish bar in Glasgow, must be a Rangers fan cause he heard her say Rangers and Celtic instead of Celtic and Rangers.

Edited by The Golden God

54 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I don’t think anyone is saying we are playing a ‘blinder’. Celtic are within their rights to refuse the use of it and Rangers have inexplicably lost their shit over it to levels I don’t anyone could predict. It’s more self destruct than anything else by their board. 

Sunday was cringe, but anyone genuinely believing that not using the term is the reason for Rangers pulling out of the Aussie friendly is wishful thinking, IMO.