What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

I think that Porteous’ appeal this week qualifies for this thread.
He's also sent out a snapchat still pleading innocence claiming he's "clearly focused on the ball and making a genuine attempt" along with a picture of him almost dismembering McCrorie.

He must be the thickest c**t kicking about the SPFL just now.

22 minutes ago, Empty It said:

He's also sent out a snapchat still pleading innocence claiming he's "clearly focused on the ball and making a genuine attempt" along with a picture of him almost dismembering McCrorie.

He must be the thickest c**t kicking about the SPFL just now.

You can be focused on the ball but if it's not possible to win the ball clearly then it's a red.

42 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

While I don't believe in conspiracy theories, the last paragraph would be key to one.  Providing selective angles, accuracy of the offside lines etc could be open to abuse

I really don't think it'll be possible. I think it would be fairly clear to the VAR and the operator's superiors if there was any manipulation of footage.

34 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's not actual manipulation of footage, it's just showing particular things and neglecting to show others, something I am certain happens with VAR at every level throughout the world.

This to me, begs the question Mixu posed...

If folk are going to pick and choose....

What's the fuckin point?

I'm loathe to post this because it's a blatant attempt by the creator for clickbait. I have up until now found Sam's genuine interest and desire to see the whole of our game as engaging. Now it is all about pandering to his biggest audience by suggesting we should all show them a bit more respect and cease the "hatred" of them.

His four things are:

1 - TV coverage

2 - Pyramid system

3 - Hatred of the Old Firm (Celtic & Rangers)

4 - Pitches

2 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

I'm loathe to post this because it's a blatant attempt by the creator for clickbait. I have up until now found Sam's genuine interest and desire to see the whole of our game as engaging. Now it is all about pandering to his biggest audience by suggesting we should all show them a bit more respect and cease the "hatred" of them.

His four things are:

1 - TV coverage

2 - Pyramid system

3 - Hatred of the Old Firm (Celtic & Rangers)

4 - Pitches

I know he has said he is very impartial and doesn't follow one team. However recently he has become very Rangersy, to dry boke levels.

57 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I know he has said he is very impartial and doesn't follow one team. However recently he has become very Rangersy, to dry boke levels.

Isn't that simply because we've progressed in Europe further so has been attending more of our games in comparison to others?

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

Isn't that simply because we've progressed in Europe further so has been attending more of our games in comparison to others?

No, it's just more obvious. He went to Dens for the first time last week, and although he usually goes into great detail on Archibald Leitch stands, he did very little on the Main Stand at Dens and just filmed the Rangers fans the whole game, along with filming them coming off the bus and only talking to Rangers fans before the game, even though he was in the Dundee end. 

He just tends to have more enthusiasm towards Rangers than when he is doing any other team. Maybe just the way I see it?

On 23/03/2022 at 16:24, johnnydun said:

No, it's just more obvious. He went to Dens for the first time last week, and although he usually goes into great detail on Archibald Leitch stands, he did very little on the Main Stand at Dens and just filmed the Rangers fans the whole game, along with filming them coming off the bus and only talking to Rangers fans before the game, even though he was in the Dundee end. 

He just tends to have more enthusiasm towards Rangers than when he is doing any other team. Maybe just the way I see it?

He also joins in with the songs of whatever teams support he is in amongst, which marks him out as OFTW. Fair enough that he seems to have a genuine interest in Scottish football, and he does get around most grounds up and down the leagues, but if you are attending a game as a neutral you can’t start singing along like a life long season ticket holder. One week he’s in the home end of a Rangers European game singing ‘bouncy, bouncy, bouncy’, and the next time you see him he’s at St Mirren singing ‘Oh when the Saints…’ 

His videos get recommended to me on YouTube and I tend to bypass any of the Old Firm games now, unless they get beat (His video when Malmo beat Rangers at Ibrox last season has some excellent seethe). I prefer the videos where he goes to Kelty Hearts or a Lowland league game and hangs about with a bunch of 8 year olds. 

On 23/03/2022 at 12:45, Empty It said:
On 23/03/2022 at 12:40, Valentino Bolognese said:
Of course they won't. I was thinking that maybe it would be an idea though. 
Maybe in some far distant future there won't be any physically present referee at all. All decisions taken entirely remotely. By AI.

That sounds fucking horrific.

The machine is the future, you can't stop it.

See the source image

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I prefer the videos where he goes to Kelty Hearts or a Lowland league game and hangs about with a bunch of 8 year olds. 

Based on your username I initially thought it was a currant at the wind up baming up the thread. However you've got 2.7k posts, so that's deep undercover commitment you are.

Edited by Kapowzer

2 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

He also joins in with the songs of whatever teams support he is in amongst, which marks him out as OFTW. Fair enough that he seems to have a genuine interest in Scottish football, and he does get around most grounds up and down the leagues, but if you are attending a game as a neutral you can’t start singing along like a life long season ticket holder. One week he’s in the home end of a Rangers European game singing ‘bouncy, bouncy, bouncy’, and the next time you see him he’s at St Mirren singing ‘Oh when the Saints…’ 

His videos get recommended to me on YouTube and I tend to bypass any of the Old Firm games now, unless they get beat (His video when Malmo beat Rangers at Ibrox last season has some excellent seethe). I prefer the videos where he goes to Kelty Hearts or a Lowland league game and hangs about with a bunch of 8 year olds. 

:o