What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

5 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

A football fan who threw a boiled sweet at a police car has been banned from matches for eight years.

Marc Cumming, 25, was told by a sheriff that he cannot be trusted attend games following his third ban.

Cumming formed part of a group of Rangers diehards The Union Bears outside Ibrox Stadium on September 17, 2022.

He threw a boiled sweet at a police vehicle during a mass disturbance after a match against Dundee United.

He initially told officers he was not part of the group but during a search he was found to be wearing a Union Bears t-shirt.

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/rangers-fan-who-ran-on-pitch-after-scottish-cup-defeat-to-hibs-banned-for-throwing-sweet-at-police-car?fbclid=IwAR1Ac7J3546RaDywobEovO_79YVjh968puQSmV87ryUMzsRc19UPEOmBAe0

"It wuz thae English hooligans that done it, officer, no me"

"What do you mean?"

"That sweetie is an Everton mint"

7 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Given their alleged association it was more likely to be a Chelsea Whopper.

I'm thinking it's just that he, like the rest of the Union Bears, is a fucking Whopper. 25 years of age and getting yourself an 8 year fitba ban for jumping about throwing sweeties at polis motors while wearing your wee gang t-shirt!! Ffs

On 21/07/2023 at 13:16, stu92 said:

Nobody wants a more even playing field? Hmm.

The non OF clubs had the chance to take the veto power of the OF away in the voting structure and didn't. They effectively abdicated their chance to start levelling the playing field. 

So, why did they do that other than for short term financial gain for themselves? 

1 hour ago, Renfrewblue said:

The non OF clubs had the chance to take the veto power of the OF away in the voting structure and didn't. They effectively abdicated their chance to start levelling the playing field. 

So, why did they do that other than for short term financial gain for themselves? 

Aberdeen did that. Not the SPFL as a whole.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Aberdeen did that. Not the SPFL as a whole.

It still baffles me to this day why Aberdeen did that. Can only think he (Milne)  went full Tory in true Aberdeen style when he though he saw an opportunity to get ahead of the others and shaft over everyone else. Milne was an absolute hypocrite to have a dig at the way Scottish football was being run when he exited Aberdeen too. 

Edited by gannonball

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It still baffles me to this day why Aberdeen did that. Can only think he (Milne)  went full Tory in true Aberdeen style when he though he saw an opportunity to get ahead of the others and shaft over everyone else. Milne was an absolute hypocrite to have a dig at the way Scottish football was being run when he exited Aberdeen too. 

There's no mystery, that's exactly why he did it. 

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He was a complete ratbag his entire time there. So it was completely in character.

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He explained it several times, whether folk agree with the reasoning behind it or not.

I'm pretty sure it's been posted on here a number of times, with you a part of the conversation.

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

He explained it several times, whether folk agree with the reasoning behind it or not.

I'm pretty sure it's been posted on here a number of times, with you a part of the conversation.

Yeah can't remember the reasons he gave but I just like spewing my biased narrative tbh.

2 hours ago, Renfrewblue said:

But is that the be all and end all? 

I'm pretty sure Celtic fans don't see their club as a business. 

They could call it a charity like it was at it's founding, doesn't make it true. Celtic Football Club is a company. Same as Rangers FC and The Rangers FC. Doesn't matter what the fans think.

I think Morton are the greatest club ever to grace the beautiful game and that everyone should bow down to their Inverclyde overlords. Is that true? Yes No.

A Football Club is a business. Rangers Football Club as a company went bust and therefore no longer exist.

26 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah can't remember the reasons he gave but I just like spewing my biased narrative tbh.

🤣

Was terrified about another Setanta situation.

Not saying I agree with him but your haunted if you think he thought Sevco weren't getting past Aberdeen.