What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

You're saying our manager is a walking cringefest. My stance is that he is not, and us certainly in no way comparable to an actual walking cringefest like your own manager. HTH 

I'm not an Ugly Sisters fan mate, I get to call it as I see it because I don't define my entire being by things the club I support do 🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, johnnydun said:

The BBC saying the game between Tranent and Celtic B was postponed due to International call ups.

That's fuckin laughable.

We can laugh but its not so funny for the chap who’s not been getting a regular game for Celtic B who saw the international window as his long awaited big chance to step up

42 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Looking into Union Berlin's past, it's hard not to like them and wish them well, tbh.

Couldn't disagree, though I wish the Stirling Uni team well, I don't feel the need to make a pilgrimage to hero worship them or have my ever lasting love for them mentioned online.

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Looking into Union Berlin's past, it's hard not to like them and wish them well, tbh.

Yup. Met loads of Berliner football fans in the times I've been going over there, even 20+ years ago way before they were relevant the decent sorts were Union fans.

Never had a bad time at Hertha matches either, though their fans are markedly different.

If you are a real hipster twat you go to FC Dynamo or Tasmania matches. (Babelsberg doesn't count 🤬)

20 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

The SPFL : It's a hard job sorting out fixture lists. It is a complicated process for several weeks after seasons end and takes into account consultations from local police, events happening in the area, travel arrangements and several other complicated events including star charts and weather patterns. A lot of time and thought and effort went into this and people were paid highly to make this perfect.

Dundee Utd : ....but, pls?

The SPFL : Lol, no worries, date changed!

Surely someone at Tannadice should have made SPFL aware before the start of the season that they had an important date in their history instead of leaving it to about a month or so before the date in question.

6 minutes ago, gordon9736 said:

Surely someone at Tannadice should have made SPFL aware before the start of the season that they had an important date in their history instead of leaving it to about a month or so before the date in question.

I'd agree with this. And the context of Arbroath being part-time is important. This will disrupt their week. Had United asked for a Friday fixture this weekend back in the summer, the SPFL could have given them a game with a full-time team. No bother, problem solved.

30 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'd agree with this. And the context of Arbroath being part-time is important. This will disrupt their week. Had United asked for a Friday fixture this weekend back in the summer, the SPFL could have given them a game with a full-time team. No bother, problem solved.

Or at least Arbroath’s players could have booked some annual leave or tried to swap shifts well in advance 

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Or at least Arbroath’s players could have booked some annual leave or tried to swap shifts well in advance 

True.

Like I'd imagine they do for tv games. And given most PT teams train Tuesday - Thursday, that will also require planning ahead with their work to be ready for the United game.

Tv games are a commercial responsibility. The fact that Arbroath need to play in them is not justification for giving them another Friday just because United feel like it.

Hard to dress this up as anything but United being the bad guys and the SPFL making a really poor call.