What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

He says this days after beating Frankfurt 2-0; a club who won the Europa League in 2021 (:)) and pumped Bayern Munich 5-0 the weekend before. Dead Rubber, but still. Frankfurt are a strong side.

Interviews like this should be a sackable offense.

1 hour ago, ClydeTon said:

He says this days after beating Frankfurt 2-0; a club who won the Europa League in 2021 (:)) and pumped Bayern Munich 5-0 the weekend before. Dead Rubber, but still. Frankfurt are a strong side.

Although, presumably they didn't "run the whole game" against Frankfurt either.

16 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

It has probably alienated those Dandies that still backed him and wanted to give him a chance.

It’s the sort of attitude to playing in Glasgow that disgusted Fergie when he first took charge. He was quick to weed out any players who had that ‘a draw is a good result’ attitude. 

He would even rage at his players when they won the cup as in 83. 

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

It has probably alienated those Dandies that still backed him and wanted to give him a chance.

It’s the sort of attitude to playing in Glasgow that disgusted Fergie when he first took charge. He was quick to weed out any players who had that ‘a draw is a good result’ attitude. 

He would even rage at his players when they won the cup as in 83. 

Let's be real he's been on a shoogly peg for weeks and this was probably one of his last chances to win back the crowd, saying something like this has probably killed off what little goodwill fans had for him left.

18 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

It was 5-1.

12 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Ex-owner... (who you'll recall renamed them FC Edinburgh last season - after his company FCE - then left ahead of this season with the club now having run into series debt plus a wages crisis):

image.png.1595ab5d87c2acd6e7561b2731af435c.png

06563e279d8a8dea6199a940f983c787.gif

Utter fantasy stuff to think such a merged team would be challenging in the Championship. The fanbases wouldn't be combined; they'd be lost, with such a merger team playing to lower crowds than either Edinburgh City or Spartans get at the moment.

All players would have got a contract? That would be some size of squad and some wage bill. Utter unsustainable right away.

Also, loathe as I am to defend Doncaster, I imagine he didn't say that at all.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Utter fantasy stuff to think such a merged team would be challenging in the Championship. The fanbases wouldn't be combined; they'd be lost, with such a merger team playing to lower crowds than either Edinburgh City or Spartans get at the moment.

All players would have got a contract? That would be some size of squad and some wage bill. Utter unsustainable right away.

Also, loathe as I am to defend Doncaster, I imagine he didn't say that at all.

I thought Spartans were a bastion of amateurism like Queens Park were up until recently

But I've been wrong about things before

On 17/12/2023 at 21:09, ClydeTon said:

American spelling should be a banning offence.

14 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Sky should be told to f**k off. 

Do people actually like this sort of coverage? I would probably rather the manager just cracked on with his usual job rather than having in the back of his head he was being constantly recorded, and if not my team I think I’d really rather just watch the match 🤷‍♀️.  

If Neil Lennon ever returns to management that could be an experience. 

"Head Coach Nick Montgomery will wear a microphone during the match, enabling fans watching at home to hear his specific coaching from the sidelines. He will also speak to the commentary team as the game goes on. Alongside this, Sergio Raimundo will wear a bodycam to give a first-person perspective of the team on the pitch from the dugout"

6 minutes ago, Ceiling Granny said:

Do people actually like this sort of coverage? I would probably rather the manager just cracked on with his usual job rather than having in the back of his head he was being constantly recorded, and if not my team I think I’d really rather just watch the match 🤷‍♀️.  

Whilst i'll admit to being interested in hearing what the managers are actually saying, TV companies only try this nonsense on leagues that they see as diddies, so they should in fact be told to f**k off