What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Playing it in Murrayfield seems strange, albeit I quite like novelty matches like that (think Hearts used it for some European games a few seasons back)

Aware there might be works going on at Ibrox but why not Hampden even, keep it in Glasgow?

Might be cheaper to rent Murrayfield out for the match or something.

edit: ahh, a rare thought from me! might just be more tourists in Edinburgh than Glasgow over July

Man  United are presumably hoping to draw a bigger crowd than Ibrox, Hampden or Parkhead could accommodate 

Liverpool vs Napoli sold out Murrayfield in 2019

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

54 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Man  United are presumably hoping to draw a bigger crowd than Ibrox, Hampden or Parkhead could accommodate 

And by including Will Fish in the team will no doubt go a long way to achieving this goal.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Liverpool vs Napoli sold out Murrayfield in 2019

Is there any risk Man Utd v Rangers will hit 66k? e.g. segregation/electronic hoardings/etc.

Murrayfield holds 67,144... Liverpool v Napoli in 2019 drew 65,442 (biggest in Scotland since 1989 cup final)... but all-time Edinburgh record is 65,860 (being Edinburgh derby at Easter Road on New Year Monday in 1950).

Edited by HibeeJibee

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Is there any risk Man Utd v Rangers will hit 66k? e.g. segregation/electronic hoardings/etc.

Murrayfield holds 67,144... Liverpool v Napoli in 2019 drew 65,442 (biggest in Scotland since 1989 cup final)... but all-time Edinburgh record is 65,860 (being Edinburgh derby at Easter Road on New Year Monday in 1950).

in 1975 Scotland v Wales at the egg chasing was watched by a crowd of 104,000 at Murrayfield. 

To be fair Wales had an exciting team then.

14 hours ago, craigkillie said:

That's his preferred name, which even appears on the back of his strip.

As I've said before, I don't think we should be encouraging such nonsense. I take it you always refer to the Hibs "defender" as Rocky?

On a related note, any player not wearing black boots should receive a stiff tackle in the first couple of minutes every game.

58 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

As I've said before, I don't think we should be encouraging such nonsense. I take it you always refer to the Hibs "defender" as Rocky?

On a related note, any player not wearing black boots should receive a stiff tackle in the first couple of minutes every game.

Neither Rocky or Bushiri is his last name tbf.

On 08/10/2023 at 21:53, craigkillie said:

comes off Hatate doesn't matter

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I would call players what they want to be called rather than personifying "yer da".

Maybe you should practice what you preach, eh?

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Pele? Enough of this woke nonsense. Its Nascimento.

Cristiano Ronaldo? Nope, thats Santos Aveiro obviously.

4 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Pele? Enough of this woke nonsense. Its Nascimento.

Cristiano Ronaldo? Nope, thats Santos Aveiro obviously.

Glad to see you've grasped the core concept.

4 hours ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Minter from Diego, or is it Diego?

Anyway probably going to be getting more of this from little Ahyr United this season.

FB_IMG_1717363434854.thumb.jpg.9884927828f561e36b62ce21b48d1041.jpg

That sign will definately stop them 🙄