What's the most "Tin Pot" thing you've seen in the SPFL

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

For a fair few it's probably quite telling who they'd hang up  not sure about the others.

Aberdeen - Some 80s player as looking back wistfully helps them feel good about the fact they'll never, ever, top Scottish football again. 

Celtic - Some historical figure that faced huge obstacles and battles to achieve something, to convince themselves theyre doing the same.

Dundee - Some total nothing player who gave them a wee rush of adrenaline once but never achieved anything with them, because that's the only joy they remember feeling.

Dundee United - Same as Aberdeen, but just of a lower level in every way.

Hibernian - Same as Dundee.

Rangers - An important figure they convince themselves knows about them, when in reality they don't give a f**k, to make themselves feel important.

St Mirren - Same as Aberdeen and United, but just at an even lower level.

St Johnstone probably have a  picture of Jack Sugden. 

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

For a fair few it's probably quite telling who they'd hang up  not sure about the others.

Aberdeen - Some 80s player as looking back wistfully helps them feel good about the fact they'll never, ever, top Scottish football again. 

Celtic - Some historical figure that faced huge obstacles and battles to achieve something, to convince themselves theyre doing the same.

Dundee - Some total nothing player who gave them a wee rush of adrenaline once but never achieved anything with them, because that's the only joy they remember feeling.

Dundee United - Same as Aberdeen, but just of a lower level in every way.

Hibernian - Same as Dundee.

Rangers - An important figure they convince themselves knows about them, when in reality they don't give a f**k, to make themselves feel important.

St Mirren - Same as Aberdeen and United, but just at an even lower level.

Saint Johnstone should have Wullie Broon on the wall. It'll keep the mice away. 

18 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

All joking a side, I don't think anything comes close to being as iconic as this photo for Dundee. It's pretty much the photo you associate with Dundee if you support them.

bobby-cox.jpg

Hey...who said I was joking?

Joking aside, that's a great photo but I'd go with the squad pic from that season.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll show you that when you show me Dundees celebration of winning any double containing the 3 major trophies.

Cheers.

It was a great achievement,  no doubt about that, but not a double.  At least  not the double.  Just a notch above winning the Forfarshire Cup and a.n. other trophy IMO.

That said, must've been great to be there.

Not sure that given his present status this qualifies for SPFL tinpottery, but I came across an “interview” with Ry*n J*ck on YouTube. I could only stand about five minutes of him discussing his time with Aberdeen, but the tin pot angle is that he now speaks with a total Weegie accent. He even threw in a few “man” and “by the way” quips. Cringeworthy, a bit like me listening to it.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure that given his present status this qualifies for SPFL tinpottery, but I came across an “interview” with Ry*n J*ck on YouTube. I could only stand about five minutes of him discussing his time with Aberdeen, but the tin pot angle is that he now speaks with a total Weegie accent. He even threw in a few “man” and “by the way” quips. Cringeworthy, a bit like me listening to it.

Nah, got to disagree. I cringe at Jack’s accent as it still weighs more towards posh Aberdonian, in my opinion. Having been living in Glasgow for the last 7 years he is bound to have picked up some of the local dialect, but if you compare his accent with Halliday’s in that interview, it’s night and day 😂

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Nah, got to disagree. I cringe at Jack’s accent as it still weighs more towards posh Aberdonian, in my opinion. Having been living in Glasgow for the last 7 years he is bound to have picked up some of the local dialect, but if you compare his accent with Halliday’s in that interview, it’s night and day 😂

Of course you disagree, but I don't. Posh Aberdonians don't put "man" on the end of sentences or say "by the way" out of context, at any time. But disagree away, you're quite entitled to.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Of course you disagree, but I don't. Posh Aberdonians don't put "man" on the end of sentences or say "by the way" out of context, at any time. But disagree away, you're quite entitled to.

What do you mean of course I do 🤣 I was simply saying his accent sounds different to me than what you describe. No doubt you are exposed to a true Aberdonian accent more than I am. And similarly, I'm likely exposed to a weegie one more than you are. I just think Jack's accent is a far cry from a weegie, particularly if you compare him to those that were in the same interview you refer to. It wasn't that deep mate, just a difference of opinion.

Edited by AJF

On 10/08/2024 at 15:57, RandomGuy. said:

I'll show you that when you show me Dundees celebration of winning any double containing the 3 major trophies.

Cheers.

You still pushing this nonsense that winning the League Cup these days counts as not only a "major" trophy, but as part of a "double"? 😂

Talk about tinpottery.

Edited by Boo Khaki

On 11/08/2024 at 05:35, hk blues said:

It was a great achievement,  no doubt about that, but not a double.  At least  not the double.  Just a notch above winning the Forfarshire Cup and a.n. other trophy IMO.

That said, must've been great to be there.

Championship and B&Q Cup would be far more impressive. Partly because you have to play more than 4 ties to win the Championship, but mainly because the B&Q Cup doesn't exist any more, but some club has bound to have done both in the same season, and I never heard any risible nonsense from them about "Doubles".

5 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Championship and B&Q Cup would be far more impressive. Partly because you have to play more than 4 ties to win the Championship, but mainly because the B&Q Cup doesn't exist any more, but some club has bound to have done both in the same season, and I never heard any risible nonsense from them about "Doubles".

We should probably give them their moment in the sun as they've never won "The League" and, let's face it, never will.  

17 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I'll bet he says "definAtely" . 

The c**t

7 minutes ago, SaintSamuel said:

The sheer jealousy from Dundee fans here attempting to belittle St Johnstone’s achievement is very funny. 

Its pretty funny tbh, especially since they think any St Johnstone fan actually gets wound up by it.

Even by winning one major trophy we've seen more in our lifetimes than any of them will, never mind 3.