Next Scotland Manager Mk II

jagfox

I had a really vivid dream last night that I was in the audience at a press conference where Craig Brown was announced as the new manager with Gemmill as his assistant.
The dream disintegrated into chaos tho when I looked to my side and saw Shirley out of Eastenders sitting there and she only starts trying to get off with me.

Don't know which bit was most horrific tbh.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It highlights the level of disconnect between the average fan and the likes of Regan. Whilst we are discussing Prandelli and Magath they're busy trying to decide between the U17s coach or the kitman.

I had a really vivid dream last night that I was in the audience at a press conference where Craig Brown was announced as the new manager with Gemmill as his assistant.
The dream disintegrated into chaos tho when I looked to my side and saw Shirley out of Eastenders sitting there and she only starts trying to get off with me.

Don't know which bit was most horrific tbh.
Answer : The managerial appointments [emoji23]

11 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I thought it was just in my avatar pic he had that torn coupon. Seems he just looks like that all the time.

I was looking at pictures of him earlier and it really is difficult to find him smiling in any of them.  He's growing on me...

1 hour ago, Staggie_93 said:

I thought that was some sort of wind up when I first seen it, absolute fucking madness :lol:

I'm still not convinced to be honest.

In Archie Gemmill's autobiography, he talks about deciding to have their son born in Paisley.  Among the reasons for this is the jokey one about how he could one day play for Scotland.  He doesn't mention calling him it though.

Looks like the "Scotland" part was added to his name on Wikipedia back in 2015. Somebody pointed out that the link provided doesn't actually state that his name is "Scotland", but nothing's been done about it since then, from what I can see. However, the headline of the article that's supposed to back up his name is "Scotland: Scot Gemmill; 'If it was up to my dad I wouldn't be here. He's told me for years not to turn up for Scotland'". The first three words makes me think that someone's misread that as being his full name, or was using that for a strange bit of mischief. Can't see any mention of it anywhere else online, but I'm not spending any more time on it.

You would think some journo over the years would've brought his full name up when mentioning the story of his da driving the missus across the border so he'd be born on Scottish soil; it comes up often enough. Bullshit for me.

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Has he not been quite underwhelmeing as u21 coach?

Not entirely about results, but they've been:

Iceland 2-0 Scotland
FYR Macedonia 2-0 Scotland
Slovakia 4-0 Scotland (friendly)
Scotland 0-0 Estonia (friendly)

Scotland 2-0 Netherlands
England 3-1 Scotland
Latvia 0-2 Scotland
Scotland 1-1 Latvia
Scotland 0-2 Ukraine

16 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Has he not been quite underwhelmeing as u21 coach?

I remember the response on here when the SFA decided the youth teams had been underperforming under Scot Gemmill and Ricky Sbragia, and their idea was to swap the two of them over between the U-17 and U-21s  :lol:

No disrespect to Scot Gemmill at all but, if he actually gets the head coach job, it's hard to imagine how anyone could benefit more from having bosses who just really, truly, cannot be arsed.

Archived