Stand Up Comedy

JMDP

On 01/04/2024 at 14:49, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

For all the pish comedians around these days, it's incredible that utter dross like this used to draw millions on TV every Saturday evening.

Skip to 23:50 if you want to see the absoloute worst thing that Scotland has ever been responsible for.

On the subject of Keith Harris, I once had the unfortunate experience of seeing him in the wild at Butlins back in the mid 90's

He spent a good hour or so trying to crack onto a redcoat, who was all of 16, while his 'minder' looked on.  He got very huffy when a couple of us suggested he might want to gie it a by wi and fk off before her father was informed/he was invited outside.

OFTW

6 hours ago, Peil said:

On the subject of Keith Harris, I once had the unfortunate experience of seeing him in the wild at Butlins back in the mid 90's

He spent a good hour or so trying to crack onto a redcoat, who was all of 16, while his 'minder' looked on.  He got very huffy when a couple of us suggested he might want to gie it a by wi and fk off before her father was informed/he was invited outside.

OFTW

I remember back in the 80s listening to an Orville the Duck record. I remember one part when he (as the duck) was talking about fancying 14 year old schoolgirls and watching them cross the street. 

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I remember back in the 80s listening to an Orville the Duck record. I remember one part when he (as the duck) was talking about fancying 14 year old schoolgirls and watching them cross the street. 

He was a baby duck so not only was Keith too old Orville was far too young for that sort of thing making it double wrong

ETA and he’s a duck so that’s triple wrong 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

On 17/10/2024 at 18:41, paul-r-cfc said:

Shameless plug this, but for anyone based in Glasgow's Southside, Pollok FC are hosting our first comedy night at Loks Bar and Kitchen next to Newlandsfield Park.

Tickets available online or at the door - https://app.fanbaseclub.com/Fan/Tickets/SelectType?fixtureId=7562

463080678_1087180860075015_1985350983819296434_n.jpg

Seen Stuart McPherson last year at the fringe - was really good, however was ruined to a certain extent by some absolute weirdo sitting next to us who was shrieking with laughter at every single sentence. Think he was a bit disconcerted by the whole situation.

Also saw the host of your night, the less said the better tbh but might be more suited to being a compere as opposed to a standup.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

Would recommend Danny Bhoy * if you ever get the chance to see him. First saw him perform 20 odd years ago at the Edinburgh Fringe and go to see him whenever he's in Sydney. I went to primary school with him and he was always a bit of a comedian back then, always clowning around. His tales of those days have an element of truth but are usually embellished for comedic purposes.

* Don't be put off by this. He explains in nearly every show that it's nothing to do with Celtic. There was another performer with the name Danny Boy so he had to change his.

1 minute ago, Swarley said:

Would recommend Danny Bhoy * if you ever get the chance to see him. First saw him perform 20 odd years ago at the Edinburgh Fringe and go to see him whenever he's in Sydney. I went to primary school with him and he was always a bit of a comedian back then, always clowning around. His tales of those days have an element of truth but are usually embellished for comedic purposes.

* Don't be put off by this. He explains in nearly every show that it's nothing to do with Celtic. There was another performer with the name Danny Boy so he had to change his.

I’ll second that recommendation. Seen him a few times at the Adelaide Fringe, very funny.

On 19/10/2024 at 02:58, Swarley said:

On 19/10/2024 at 03:06, Eednud said:

I’ll second that recommendation. Seen him a few times at the Adelaide Fringe, very funny.

Is he not based in Australia? 

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is he not based in Australia? 

Don't think so no. Think he lives in London. He just comes to Australia quite a lot for the comedy circuit.