The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

Has any one fact checked this pish about playing games in Dundee/Edinburgh/Glasgow.  Have UEFA provided a letter indicating this would be the case or not?
I know the answer but just wondering why these arguments are being taken at face value.

The centenary DVD in 2003 had Keith Wyness saying the same thing. May well be a myth that’s just become accepted as fact over time.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I'm pretty ambivelant to moving or not, but some of the petty issues involved in the making of this decision are beyond belief.

It's a wonder we get anything built in Scotland if this is typical of the discussion. Or maybe it's just Aberdeen, where the council is and always has been, full of f*ckwits.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

NOISY BURGER VANS

Aye.

Nae kqhunt can actually understand or remember what the question is, once they've struggled to turn on their microphone.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Can you imagine if fitba had never been invented, and somebody came along with the idea just now....'the greatest game ever, it'll change people forever and be around for a million years. All you have to do is build stadiums to play it...'

Scotland would ignore the game and we'd all be playing dominoes and darts. No stadium in Scotland would get built, ever.

7 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm pretty ambivelant to moving or not, but some of the petty issues involved in the making of this decision are beyond belief.

It's a wonder we get anything built in Scotland if this is typical of the discussion. Or maybe it's just Aberdeen, where the council is and always has been, full of f*ckwits.

This is local governance in Scotland in a nutshell.

Aberdeen City with a population of 200,000 or so has 45 councilors .

New York City with a population of 8,000,000 or so has 51 councilors.

The main difference is NYC councilors are full-time, they're not part-time busy-bodies. A dozen full-timers whose jobs depended on serving the people of the city would be a better recipe for getting things done.

Guest Bob Mahelp

If this was about a Waitrose in Westhill with 5k parking spaces these f*ckers would be tripping over themselves to approve it.

The only consideration would be in demanding wider parking spaces for their Chelsea tractors.

Has any one fact checked this pish about playing games in Dundee/Edinburgh/Glasgow.  Have UEFA provided a letter indicating this would be the case or not?
I know the answer but just wondering why these arguments are being taken at face value.

Couldn’t tell you far it’s ever gone but pittodrie doesn’t comply with UEFA regulations and we get special dispensation to use it every year.

No idea how close it’s ever been to having to move but there are examples (Atalanta this season) of clubs being denied the use of their own ground.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Couldn’t tell you far it’s ever gone but pittodrie doesn’t comply with UEFA regulations and we get special dispensation to use it every year.

No idea how close it’s ever been to having to move but there are examples (Atalanta this season) of clubs being denied the use of their own ground.

I mind some clever clogs trying to use that as proof we'd have to move, along with Apollon I think.

Atalanta

Stadio-Atleti-Azzurri-dItalia-curva-sud.

And Apollon's stadium was closed because it was falling down even by Cyprus standards. 

We have the RDS, 20 corporate boxes and a full functioning all seated all covered British standard stadium.