The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

1 hour ago, milton75 said:

Compare and contrast that with going to a shopping centre like Silverburn or Braehead: Hordes of mouth-breathing automatons, stumbling from their cars with their overweight children, wandering into the same 60 shops that can be found in shopping malls up and down the country. Sometimes going to these places for a day out! "Chanelle, let's take the kids to Frankie and Benny's for a plate of microwaved dog meat".

This really isn't far from the experience of what out there would be.

Qh6IQrW.jpg

gqsB22Z.jpg

If you look closely you can see the tower blocks where Pittodrie..King Street...town..is.

Looking at that the club will be totally unrecognisable. Also shows how useful the AWPR will be for those who actually live in the city...

Edited by COYR

27 minutes ago, COYR said:

Qh6IQrW.jpg

gqsB22Z.jpg

If you look closely you can see the tower blocks where Pittodrie..King Street...town..is.

Looking at that the club will be totally unrecognisable. Also shows how useful the AWPR will be for those who actually live in the city...

Why, just look at all those roads and is that...is that a dual carriageway I see there? Why, it'll probably be easier to reach than the city centre for fans who go into town for food&beer...

Qh6IQrW.jpg
gqsB22Z.jpg

Wow.

This reminds me of an NFL stadium plan, but if you’ve got a spare 5 minutes on google maps in your work go drop the wee google maps man down in Foxborough and have a look at the facilities that they have there to cope with 60k fans on game days.

As for the roads. Again yesterday morning was spent in 1st gear stopping and starting on the A90 trying to get into Edinburgh at the same time everyone else was. Coming home at midday was a breeze, same road that took over 45 minutes to drive in the morning took about 3. Big f**k off motorway you come off there aswell by the way.

Doesn’t look like it’ll be too fun getting to and from there every matchday.

I understand the point being made but comparing the facilities available for a stadium that hasn't even started being built and an NFL stadium that's been there 15 years doesn't seem apt. Especially as that ground is more than three times the size.

6 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I understand the point being made but comparing the facilities available for a stadium that hasn't even started being built and an NFL stadium that's been there 15 years doesn't seem apt. Especially as that ground is more than three times the size.

Dave Cormack and/or the guy he brought on board worked with Atlanta United I think. He did an interview on RedTV talking about it but there vision and ideas is basically how Americans do the sports day out with car barbecues thing. I'm really not sure how transferable it is to Aberdonian people and standing just off a bypass.

4 hours ago, sjc said:

So 45% usually make a day of it (like many away fans) by enjoying both what the City centre has to offer i.e: pubs, bar lunches etc before walking down to Pittodrie. Now they'll have to factor in a 30-60min each way shuttle bus journey out to the new stadium.

Is it a case of every time someone mentions a shuttle bus, they have to add 10 minutes to it? Soon it'll take 2 hours to get there.

3 hours ago, sjc said:

Really?! Supporting Aberdeen sounds shite if the whole basis of you support is: Drive to ground -> Watch game -> Drive home

I'd be amazed if that was the true percentage of fans that travel by car. Tynecastle and Easter Road are such good days out for home and away fans for the very reasons I gave previously. When I lived in Glasgow and traveled through to Tynecastle by car the day was far less enjoyable.

Does every person who goes by car just travel themselves? Do people not car share, go with their mates, get a lift with their neighbours?

If four people are in a car, three can drink. 

Sometimes I wonder if people on this thread have ever left their own street.

26 minutes ago, COYR said:

When I was a lad a tiny wee lad

My mother said to me

Go see the Dons the glorious Dons

Sev'n miles from Aberdeen

It's in Aberdeen. it's 7 miles from Pittodrie. From the city centre there's a countdown, 4 mile garage, 5 mile garage, 6 mile garage. Guess which on Kingsford is adjacent to? 

This is where the stadium will be. Clearly next to two towns and the currently being built bypass.

There's a park and ride and train station at Dyce. It's not going to take long from there on a shuttle bus. Likewise Kingswells p&r will have ample parking. If Scotrail/Aberdeen/police are screwed on, they'll encourage central belt fans to get off the train at Stonehaven, drink there, then shuttle buses up the bypass will take 20 minutes.

DB690391-19A8-49C2-911A-ED1640703688.jpeg

Edited by Dunty

1 minute ago, Dunty said:

Is it a case of every time someone mentions a shuttle bus, they have to add 10 minutes to it? Soon it'll take 2 hours to get there.

Does every person who goes by car just travel themselves? Do people not car share, go with their mates, get a lift with their neighbours?

If four people are in a car, three can drink. 

Sometimes I wonder if people on this thread have ever left their own street.

Yeh that's definitely the case with me! :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, Dunty said:

This is where the stadium will be. Clearly next to two towns and the currently being built bypass.

There's a park and ride and train station at Dyce. It's not going to take long from there on a shuttle bus. Likewise Kingswells p&r will have ample parking. If Scotrail/Aberdeen/police are screwed on, they'll encourage central belt fans to get off the train at Stonehaven, drink there, then shuttle buses up the bypass will take 20 minutes.

DB690391-19A8-49C2-911A-ED1640703688.jpeg

And how will they get off the bypass?Traffic coming from the East have right of way and there will be plenty.