The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Are there seriously still people/cretins/morons who actually give a f**k about this 'who is the bigger club' nonsense?

This is of course a rhetorical questions, as quite evidently there are.

f**k me, this

I honestly couldn’t care less. Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs are all much and such.

Dandies have the most Twitter followers however 8)

5 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

So 30 years younger but more trophies won but a Diddy hearts fan thinks having slightly bigger crowds is more important 

I'm not a hearts fan.  But the fact is thousands more pay to watch them every week than Aberdeen.  They're obviously the bigger club. 

You've also won more European trophies than PSG or man city but that doesn't make you a bigger club.

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Are there seriously still people/cretins/morons who actually give a f**k about this 'who is the bigger club' nonsense?

This is of course a rhetorical questions, as quite evidently there are.

The very first words on this thread are "Right this needs its own thread as it seems to be clogging up the Aberdeen 17-18 thread"

Ironically we now need a "Whos's biggest out of Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs" thread  because this seems to be clogging up the  "The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread"

Or possibly an entire subforum for threads like that and

"The four Angus Clubs in order of their impact on the global game" 

"Dunfermline are bigger than Raith but not  Falkirk. Discuss" 

"Celtic are the most insignificant club to win a European Cup ever!"

I'm sure there's more suggestions out there

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

40 minutes ago, Elixir said:

There's also that small fact that we are the Capital's establishment club - they are a provincial north-east backwater.

Translate this into Spanish and it's spoken like a nonsensical Real Madrid fan claiming that they're bigger than Barca because they're the biggest team in the capital and not from one of the country's largest cities away up in the north-east.  Funnily enough, their city rivals are ahead of them in the league too.  

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/partick-thistle-launch-major-sponsorship-5932182

I, for one, look forward to Aberdeen's inevitable sponsorship deal with Kingsford Capital and the resulting nightmare-fuel mascot design that entails. I'm thinking some kind of cross between Shaun the Sheep and Blodax, The Iron Devourer of Souls.

FWIW, I think what's happened before is done now, regardless of missed opportunities to stay there. You're getting a new stadium and facilities and that's the important point.

Who knows, the stadium move might actually force the council into improving the transport links from the City Centre out to Kingsford, which judging from having sat in a taxi for the trip (was at a friends wedding, it happened to be the route) needs a decent bit of work.

However most teams that are building a new stand/stadium tend to more often than not through a period of some pish football that correlates directly with the time it takes to build, so hopefully we can take advantage tbf.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

10 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:
Translate this into Spanish and it's spoken like a nonsensical Real Madrid fan claiming that they're bigger than Barca because they're the biggest team in the capital and not from one of the country's largest cities away up in the north-east.  Funnily enough, their city rivals are ahead of them in the league too.  

You can’t seriously compare Hearts and Aberdeen to tin pot Spanish nonentities like Real and Barca

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

33 minutes ago, Retrospect said:

Aberdeen fans and others what do you think of the Aberdeen Fc new stadium proposal? Is it good for fans? Will Aberdeen lose some of their identity?

This must be new. What proposal is it? 

16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The very first words on this thread are "Right this needs its own thread as it seems to be clogging up the Aberdeen 17-18 thread"

Ironically we now need a "Whos's biggest out of Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs" thread  because this seems to be clogging up the  "The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread"

Tbf this appears to be because many Edinburgh jobbies (excluding myself as an Edinburgh resident) seem keen to opine on this topic without much info whatsoever.

Assuming that the appeal is unsuccessful, how long before work starts on this, and when do Aberdeen plan to have things up and running? I'm thinking 2 years would surely be enough time once they've started? Or is that silly thinking?