The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

That's not because they haven't got a pane of glass in front of their hospitality guests. 

Besides, Hearts have an atmospheric stadium with steep stands, tight to the pitch, in the middle of a city and community and they also sell out most weeks. I'd trade that for more corporate income.

But if we redevelop Pittodrie we’re not going to have a stadium like fucking Hearts, why do people keep saying this. We’re still going to have the RDS and Merkland stands as they are. People are talking about having a broadly similar South Stand and a Main Stand that’s even smaller than the one we currently have.

Basically if we redevelop Pittodrie we’re going to have exactly the same as we’ve currently got, a lifeless soulless hole of a ground with four stands that are totally out of proportion with one another. Folk will continue to moan about lack of atmosphere. It’ll still be fucking freezing. Let’s not kid ourselves on that crowds are good at the moment because we’re at Pittodrie, crowds are good because we’ve got a winning team on the pitch.

Regardless of whether we are at Kingsford or Pittodrie, we’ll have broadly the same number of hardcore turn up week on week, however, if facilities and comfort etc are better at Kingsford or any other new build then it might encourage more fairweather fans to come along.

If we could get Tynecastle or Easter rd on the Pittodrie site then great but all we would get is Pittodrie Mark II, it would cost us a fortune and it would still be shite.

You just can't argue with this level of stupid  :blink:

Not. Everyone. Lives. In. The. City. Centre!

True, but every city centre in the Western World is designed to be easily accessed. Yours has a train station for instance. It makes far more sense to have a public convenience placed within easily commutable distance of the city centre than it does to have one in the middle of a farm half way to Orkney.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Except ours is 4 miles closer to the city centre. :lol:

True. Despite the initial success of McDiarmid Park for St Johnstone the novelty sadly wore off.

As an away fan, the prospect of getting the train up to Aberdeen, finding and catching a shuttle bus out of Aberdeen to Kingsford, watch the game, fight my way back into Aberdeen City centre on the shuttle bus to then get a train back down the road isn't that appealing .

Just now, sjc said:

True. Despite the initial success of McDiarmid Park for St Johnstone the novelty sadly wore off.

As an away fan, the prospect of getting the train up to Aberdeen, finding and catching a shuttle bus out of Aberdeen to Kingsford, watch the game, fight my way back into Aberdeen City centre on the shuttle bus to then get a train back down the road isn't that appealing .

It will be utter pish. I used to like going to Pittodrie in the late 80s early 90s when it was a bit risky and you were on edge walking along Union/King street. That has sadly gone. This will be fucking horseshit for everyone involved.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

It will be utter pish. I used to like going to Pittodrie in the late 80s early 90s when it was a bit risky and you were on edge walking along Union/King street. That has sadly gone. This will be fucking horseshit for everyone involved.

Exactly. Aberdeen away is a long enough journey to justify a proper day out, a few beers on the train, bar lunch in Aberdeen then on to the game with a few more beers on the train home. The shuttle bus would add at least 1-2 hours to the journey time! f**k that.

Just now, sjc said:

Exactly. Aberdeen away is a long enough journey to justify a proper day out, a few beers on the train, bar lunch in Aberdeen then on to the game with a few more beers on the train home. The shuttle bus would add at least 1-2 hours to the journey time! f**k that.

Shuttle bus though.

Fucking shuttle bus :lol:

f**k that. 

21 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

How do you Aberdeen fans plan on getting to the stadium if Kingsford goes ahead?

Getting a bus into town for 40 minute bus out, or driving to a park and ride and getting a shuttle bus to the ground

By17Prz.jpg

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Disappointing to see we're going to miss out on the vast away supports we usually get at Pittodrie.

I thought most Aberdeen fans were central belters? Would also influence their decision whether or not to travel surely? 

Getting a bus into town for 40 minute bus out, or driving to a park and ride and getting a shuttle bus to the ground

By17Prz.jpg

:lol:

When you see it on a map like that it really puts into perspective how terrible this idea is.

Arbroaths nearly on that fucking map. [emoji1]

Disappointing to see we're going to miss out on the vast away supports we usually get at Pittodrie.

Your home support will suffer too and it'll be a pain in the arse for people travelling from all over if you ever had any intention of hosting a Scotland game or the odd cup semi.

Your home support will suffer too and it'll be a pain in the arse for people travelling from all over if you ever had any intention of hosting a Scotland game or the odd cup semi.

You may be right, I don’t feel particularly strongly in favour of kingsford myself but just think it’s funny some of these away supports suggesting this new travel arrangements will be a great loss to us from an away support perspective.

That Aberdeen fans appear to have fallen for Milne making a quick buck out of selling some prime city centre real estate whilst hunting the club out to the arse end of nowhere in a move that makes Clyde moving to Broadwood look like its in the town centre is baffling.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Most aberdeen fans? You sure?

I couldn't say for certain but that was the excuse given by some Aberdeen fans on here for their poor attendances a few years back.

Do you think the Club moving out of the City is a good idea?