Post split fixtures

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From the 50,000 who go to Ibrox or the 60,000 who go to Celtic Park every fortnight?  No, I don't believe there would be any issues.
From the hundreds of thousands of absolute knuckledraggers who attach themselves to the names of Rangers and Celtic to try and make their horrifically pathetic lives seem meaningful?  Yes. 

I remain to be convinced that that many would bother to go out their way to cause bother.

Even if the city centre was deemed out of bounds a parade down Paisley Road West or the Gallowgate would surely be OK.

If Thistle win the cup (no laughing at the back!) I’d expect us to have a parade in the West End/Maryhill as opposed to round the streets of the town.

26 minutes ago, Raphael said:

Agreed his argument about 'Scottish football fans can't be trusted'. The elephant in the room is that Old Firm fans can't be trusted.  The Tartan Army whether you like them or not win awards for there behaviour etc. This demonstrates that large amounts of Scottish people with plenty of access to drink can behave themselves. 

How is it "Old Firm fans" - It was only one set of fans that shamed Scotland in 1999.

4 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

How is it "Old Firm fans" - It was only one set of fans that shamed Scotland in 1999.

"Daddy, daddy, these big boys are picking on me"

"Aye (ready) son, tell ye whit ah will dae - ah will pit oot a strongly worded statement to show these feckin *****s"

http://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-response-to-public-comments-made-about-the-rangers-support-by-elected-politicians-in-scotland/

9 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Presumably Les Gray feels that Sunday's semi-final should be played behind closed doors?

After all a 50/50 split of the crowd with a Scottish Cup final place to play for is surely more "emotionally charged" than Celtic merely confirming what we all know is going to happen during a match against Sevco.

Absolutely.

By the logic being applied here, any Cup clash must be much more loaded, as something tangible is at stake for both sides.

32 minutes ago, Green Day said:

"Daddy, daddy, these big boys are picking on me"

"Aye (ready) son, tell ye whit ah will dae - ah will pit oot a strongly worded statement to show these feckin *****s"

http://club1872.co.uk/news/club-1872-response-to-public-comments-made-about-the-rangers-support-by-elected-politicians-in-scotland/

Learn to speak English you inbred moron.

39 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

What an absolute farce. I hope the SPFL will be compensating clubs for lost revenues, due to not having a clue who or where they will be playing just over a week from now. All this just to appease the Keystone Cops of Glasgow.

What revenues are they losing?

14 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Which has literally nothing to do with what you are talking about. Nice whataboutery though.

Not even a tiny teeny bit when in relation to how the authorities view any sort of fixture involving the always charming old firm supporters?  Im sure  trashing a city centre and fighting Greater Manchester Police will probably in some way reflect the general consensus that you lot and the other cheek simply cant be trusted?  Also to answer your point directly i never made any direct statement that my comments were specifically about 1999. I could highlight instances from both sides of the arse to highlight my point that your behaviour as a collective posterior brings shame and embarrassment on our game. 

27 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I imagine hospitality and matchday sponsors are very hard to sell at such short notice. Home and away supports are bound to take a hit as well.

Any evidence of this from previous years? e.g. has any club said publicly that they've lost revenue due to short notice?

Also worth bearing in mind that they have built an extra week's notice into the schedule by setting aside a weekend for the cup semi-finals. That was not the case in some previous seasons.

39 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

Learn to speak English you inbred moron.

I think you will find I was spoofing the diction of an atypical "The Tribute Act" fan.

I thought you lot were all about the banter?

Rangers fans desperately trying to claim their fans don't have a horrid history of getting violent. I'm sure they'd all just sit back tutting when Celtic fans are on the pitch in front of them celebrating winning the league. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers fans desperately trying to claim their fans don't have a horrid history of getting violent. I'm sure they'd all just sit back tutting when Celtic fans are on the pitch in front of them celebrating winning the league. 

They don't like a wee bit of exuberant goading. 

Something about not surrendering, IIRC?

1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

I remain to be convinced that that many would bother to go out their way to cause bother.

Even if the city centre was deemed out of bounds a parade down Paisley Road West or the Gallowgate would surely be OK.

If Thistle win the cup (no laughing at the back!) I’d expect us to have a parade in the West End/Maryhill as opposed to round the streets of the town.

We were due to have a parade last season as part of the Lisbon Lions 50th anniversary, not 100% sure of the route but I seem to recall starting at the bottom of the town and making it's way along London Road being floated around.  It was cancelled after the Manchester concert bombing because of the high security alert.  Rangers were to hold a parade of their own after their UEFA Cup Final appearance which in the end was cancelled, they claimed as tribute to Tommy Burns, I suspect the hooliganism we saw in Manchester also played it's part.  If we include the Garngad Street Party in 2001 when the police temporarily lifted the street drinking ban on certain parts of Royston Road, it seems that should the clubs want to hold events like this, they could.  Especially for special occasions.   In regards to trouble, I highly doubt you'd have hundreds of rival fans running riot at the mere sight of an open top bus.  If there was any bother, I'd say it would come from the clubs own support thanks to the bampots who can't hold their water.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No one has claimed anything of the sort. You require a bit of reading comprehension training.

Archived