Ross Co v Thistle 03/03/18 D-day number 3

2 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s my age but if the pitch is fine, the roads are open, the weather is ok (cold but dry) why would you call off the game? The trains are off, but anyone coming to Dingwall from Glasgow  for a game isn’t making the right choice, unfortunately.

It's not just that. The teams won't have practiced all week. Fans from Easter Ross won't have had a chance to get there either. I just think when you add it all together it's better to say try again another day 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

It's not just that. The teams won't have practiced all week. Fans from Easter Ross won't have had a chance to get there either. I just think when you add it all together it's better to say try again another day 

And yet it’s fine for Aberdeen vs Killie to go ahead, buses were running from Easter Ross, roads were open and both teams have access to indoor facilities. Neither team requested a postponement as far as we know. Most fans would prefer Saturday afternoon kick off. So, again, pitch playable, surrounding area safe, main roads open for both teams and fans. Give a solid reason for postponing a game and I’ll concede.

8 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

And yet it’s fine for Aberdeen vs Killie to go ahead, buses were running from Easter Ross, roads were open and both teams have access to indoor facilities. Neither team requested a postponement as far as we know. Most fans would prefer Saturday afternoon kick off. So, again, pitch playable, surrounding area safe, main roads open for both teams and fans. Give a solid reason for postponing a game and I’ll concede.

It was postponed on Police advice. 

13 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

Give a solid reason for postponing a game and I’ll concede.

I think the two teams not being able to train all week is a perfectly acceptable reason for both wanting it postponed. Look how bad we both are when we are actually able to train and practice stuff.

Game rescheduled for the Tuesday night of the 3rd of April proving the SPFL fukin hate football supporters.
What’s wrong with the international weekend the week before??
We would be desperately sad to not having Tim Chow as he fuks off to Chinese Taipan but for the love of me, I don’t think any Jags players would be bothering their international teams

That's pretty shite. I've taken the Tuesday and Wednesday off. As said previous weekend would have been much better although Tomas Cerny's call-uo to the Czech squad could have caused us some problems...

That's pretty shite. I've taken the Tuesday and Wednesday off. As said previous weekend would have been much better although Tomas Cerny's call-uo to the Czech squad could have caused us some problems...

You don’t need a goalkeeper.

I’d say you’re missing a trick by playing one, in fact.

Is there not some kind of FIFA block on top division matches on international weekends? Hence why the diddy cup is played then? Someone like [mention=12065]The Master[/mention] is normally good for rules and regs stuff.
edit: how TF did I forget [mention=11024]HibeeJibee[/mention]. Sound the horn.

To my knowledge you can only play a top flight game on an international weekend if there is no other available date to play it, which clearly isn't the case here. I also think that is intended for the spell leading up to summer tournaments(a horrific winter causing a backlog of multiple weeks which can only be pinged in at the end of the season for example).

The only small consolation about the choice of date is that is during the Easter holidays(I think) as opposed to two March midweeks which arent school holidays.

_41601334_potnoodle_203.jpg

There aren't any rules on playing league games during international windows and some minor leagues (without internationalists) play them as a matter of course e.g. there are full cards in the Welsh Premier and Northern Irish Premiership.

Wasn't an abandoned Ross County-St Mirren game rescheduled in such a way a few seasons ago?

Think you may be confusing it with UEFA's regulations on European nights. Top-tier competitions can't be scheduled for the nights in question (they seem to have turned a blind eye to the early rounds of League Cups); plus while rearranged matches can use them - e.g. postponed or cancelled games, cup replays, etc. - they can't be on TV.

Chow, Matthias Kait or Mustapha Dumbuya near call-ups?

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Chow, Matthias Kait or Mustapha Dumbuya near call-ups?

Chow has been called up for Chinese Taipei before this season.  The last time he got called up he wasn't allowed to go, so that he could sit on the bench and watch the team lose.

Mattias Kait has 12 caps and four goals for Estonia.  

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

_41601334_potnoodle_203.jpg

There aren't any rules on playing league games during international windows and some minor leagues (without internationalists) play them as a matter of course e.g. there are full cards in the Welsh Premier and Northern Irish Premiership.

Wasn't an abandoned Ross County-St Mirren game rescheduled in such a way a few seasons ago?

Think you may be confusing it with UEFA's regulations on European nights. Top-tier competitions can't be scheduled for the nights in question (they seem to have turned a blind eye to the early rounds of League Cups); plus while rearranged matches can use them - e.g. postponed or cancelled games, cup replays, etc. - they can't be on TV.

That’s changed now as well.

It didn’t used to be a rule as such, but was instead a memorandum of understanding between UEFA and the European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL). It meant no top flight games at all should be scheduled against the Champions League, although I think they turned a blind eye to supposedly “lesser” nations doing it. But as you say, any TV coverage of any game was a no-no.

That MOU expired last year (or possibly the year before) and so far hasn’t been replaced. That’s why there was an English Premier League game live on Sky on a Champions League night at the tail end of last season (I forget the fixture, although I vaguely recall Man City being involved).

Picking stuff up from other forums where people are quite knowledgable about this kind of thing, it would seem the EPL are, surprisingly, sympathetic towards UEFA and will still avoid any Champions League nights if possible; but if not, they’ll then try to avoid ones where there’s an English team playing. Only if those are both impossible will they go up against an English team.

Archived