Dundee United v Queens

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
St Johnstone game on. Was it really that much worse in Dundee?

Snow was really bad here from about 4-5.30. I got home before 4 and it was fine and looked out the window an hour and a bit later and there were cars stuck in my street.

Think even if the pitch was playable it might have been called off because of the roads around Tannadice, main ones were fine but in the quieter streets could’ve been pretty poor and hard to get parked in.

Pitch looked covered though from the photos I’ve seen so really not sure there’s anything that could’ve been done.

Would guess that Perth was a lot better aye.

Daft considering the conditions. But don't Utd have a backlog of games? Probably playing a part in the decision.

I like how we use our players not being able to train as a reason why the club is upset. Would it really make a difference if they trained? [emoji23]

25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Daft considering the conditions. But don't Utd have a backlog of games? Probably playing a part in the decision.

They have a backlog of games but still have FOUR other free midweeks where we are also free (20th march, 10th April, 17th April & 24th April), albeit the St Mirren game will need to go into one of them. There's no need for an immediate rearrangement in terms of availability of dates.

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They have a backlog of games but still have FOUR other free midweeks where we are also free (20th march, 10th April, 17th April & 24th April), albeit the St Mirren game will need to go into one of them. There's no need for an immediate rearrangement in terms of availability of dates.

Scheduling a rearranged fixture in April when there are free midweeks earlier would be dangerous because all it takes is one or two more postponements to start causing a genuine issue.  The 20th March would have been a bit more sensible than next week, but perhaps the St Mirren game has been earmarked for then.

Archived